Home

Eastern Michigan

This is a discussion on Eastern Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Angry Eastern Michigan

As i took the worst loss of my NCAA 2011 days and maybe my worst loss in all the years the have played this game, i realized that i may not win a single game in my OD with EMU. Does anyone have any tips on what kind of offence to run or what to focus on so I atleast have a chance..... by the way the game was 56-7 and my guys were dropping the ball left and right....
2010: #9 Iowa 3-0
Last: W 24-17 v #25 FSU (Human)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Eastern Michigan

Back to the Top! Please help me, i went to school there i cant take the losing anymore!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Was that a realistic outcome for that opponent? It sounds like you couldn't stop the run, which makes you helpless. What about your sliders? What are you using?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

If it's Year 1, just play through the games knowing you're going to lose and make the best of it. Going it with a defeated attitude makes losing easier to swallow. LOL! Just really focus on your recruiting and in Year 2, make your schedule as soft as possible (load up on FCS teams if you have to) just to build some kind of momentum in your program. As the default roster leaves and the team becomes more of "your" players, you should start performing a little better. Just chalk this season up as growing pains. When you turn Eastern Michigan into a 6 star powerhouse, you'll be the one destroying teams by 49 points.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
Rookie

[quote=souljahbill;2041433683]Was that a realistic outcome for that opponent? [quote]

Yea i think it was.... but im the coach no more blow outs!

Much of the other stuff i dont controll becuase its an OD.

I really just wanted to know what playbooks people are useing with EMU to see if i can get some ball movement. Ive tried Option, Pistol and their version of the Pro. All three they dont have the talent to do anything...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyofthedead
As i took the worst loss of my NCAA 2011 days and maybe my worst loss in all the years the have played this game, i realized that i may not win a single game in my OD with EMU. Does anyone have any tips on what kind of offence to run or what to focus on so I atleast have a chance..... by the way the game was 56-7 and my guys were dropping the ball left and right....
Well i'm guessing you can't edit sliders because its an OD and you can't change your schedule because you already started. I would suggest heavily committing to the run. Not sure what Eastern Michigans RB's look like but if you can successfully run the ball you A. will keep the score down while you eat up some clock and B. you can kinda setup the pass.

I started a Dynasty with Buffalo (not much better than EM in the game) and used the same sliders I used with my PITT dynasty. My first couple of games I was getting smacked, so I decided to commit to the run and games gradually got more competitive. I think I was 2-4 before I decided to wait for the tuner set. That's my 2 cents, hope it helps.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyofthedead
You want realism, don't you? EMU is the worst team in college football history because it has the worst coach in college football history, Ron English. He's not even qualified to be a Pop Warner coach. So what do you expect?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
You want realism, don't you? EMU is the worst team in college football history because it has the worst coach in college football history, Ron English. He's not even qualified to be a Pop Warner coach. So what do you expect?
That comment made you look like you know nothing about football. Ron English is not that bad of a coach the damage at EMU was casued before thsi coach...

Thanks for the comments!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »