Home

Is it me or does this gmae not get defense or pass rush right

This is a discussion on Is it me or does this gmae not get defense or pass rush right within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
Is it me or does this gmae not get defense or pass rush right

Does a pass rush actually exist on this game. The defensive line is extremely slow. Why? I know the game has slowed dwn but seriously. I understand football to a very highlvl and no offensive line especially houstons has the the ability to hold up for 4 plus seconds vs a north carolina front 4. The passrush was overwhelming last yr now it just dont exist. What the hell online is ridiculous i recorded 1 qb hurry all gm. Thats bs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Is it me or does this gmae not get defense or pass rush right

What difficulty do you play on? I always go to gameplan and put Defensive line to aggressive. I play on All-American and ended up breaking the NCAA record for sacks in a season with Cameron Merideth with 28 sacks. Just use your LE and push your highlight stick to the right and most of the time you should beat the RT and get a sack or at least hit the QB
Old 08-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

I was playing online vs my friend. Aggresive settings Everyplay is cheap n unrealistic because no team can jump the snap precisely every play. I dont play with my de's, i use my lb and fs/ss. Looking at pass rush is like looking at a painting because nobody is moving. Combo that with these horrible ratings where everybody is unrealistically slow is really makin this game suck
Old 08-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 34

no pass rush issues for me
Old 08-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

My pass rush is excellent. I get good pressure on the QB frequently. And best of all is that if he holds on to the ball too long protection breaks down. Playing on heisman with Maryland and their line sucks aside from Francis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm getting a decent pass rush. My issue is that sometimes my guys are just about to hit the QB (as in about 1 foot away) when he starts his arm back to throw, yet he still gets the pass off most of the time.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
I'm getting a decent pass rush. My issue is that sometimes my guys are just about to hit the QB (as in about 1 foot away) when he starts his arm back to throw, yet he still gets the pass off most of the time.

Same problem here. Not as bad as it was in last year's NCAA and Madden but still problematic. QBs need a pocket presence rating. In real life some QBs are known for getting rid of the ball quickly while some hold on to it longer.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Same problem here. Not as bad as it was in last year's NCAA and Madden but still problematic. QBs need a pocket presence rating. In real life some QBs are known for getting rid of the ball quickly while some hold on to it longer.
I'm not complaining about this too much, as long as the sack totals are realistic, I can live with it. Just looks a little funny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »