Home

These are add-ons?

This is a discussion on These are add-ons? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: These are add-ons?

The sad part is that there are some people out there who would actually pay for this.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #34
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't care about the "cheat", but having to pay to be commish for more than one online league kinda ticks me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Supply and demand. EA didn't make you buy their $60 game, and they're not making you buy these downloads. Ultimately, it is EA's responsibilities to its shareholders to make the company as profitable as possible. Moreover, when EA maintains good profits, they're able to reinvest that money back into their games. You know...those programmers probably get job offers from other, non-EA companies. If EA doesn't keep their programmers well paid and happy, then the best programmers in the business are working for another company. Right now, when it comes to basically every genre, EA is the top dog, and it's because they're doing things right. Their games are top notch. Other companies wouldn't charge for these things because they need to do everything they can in order to attract customers. Right now, the demand is for EA games.

Oh, and when it comes to NCAA football games, demand for EA's game is as high as it is because it's the only option out there.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Oh, and when it comes to NCAA football games, demand for EA's game is as high as it is because it's the only option out there.
Demand for the EA games has always been high, with or without exclusivity deals.

And the online pass is still around for the games that EA doesn't have exclusivity deals.

In fact, NCAA and Madden are the only games that applies to, right? EA is putting out a lot of other really great games, all of which I personally enjoy more than the football games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I don't care about the "cheat", but having to pay to be commish for more than one online league kinda ticks me off.
Yeah, it's kind of annoying. But it again goes back to the costs related to EA in having to host and maintain the servers that are required for the online dynasties to operate. You guys are used to paying for the game and understand the cost associated with producing the game, so you don't mind paying the $60. But I guess you don't understand the background costs associated with a lot of the online content that EA makes available and other games don't.

That's why the example I gave above isn't really a false choice... EA has been significantly improving the things you get out of the online aspect of these games. But that's not free for them. It's not free for them to program, but most importantly, it's not free for them to host and maintain the servers that are required to be online from the time the game releases and going forward. These online passes and charging for hosting multiple dynasties, or whatever, all these things go toward maintaining the servers that are required for us to access this great content.

You don't want a game that charges for an online pass or any extra small content, then go play a game that doesn't have online content.

Last edited by Pogo27; 08-08-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #36
Rookie

Shizz420's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMeeks
Okay so I was in the PS store about an hour ago, So I decided to see what NCAAF had this year, So I looked and saw this.

• NCAA Football 11 - NCAA Power Pack ($29.99)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Pipeline State Addition ($1.99) (Dynasty Mode)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Recruiting Advisor ($1.99) (Dynasty Mode)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Recruiting Reports ($1.99) (Dynasty Mode)
  • NCAA Football 11 – School Pitches Improvement ($1.99) (Dynasty Mode)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Toughest Places To Play Boost ($1.99) (Dynasty Mode)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Unlock All Promises ($1.99) (Dynasty Mode)
  • NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Defensive Back ($0.99) (Road To Glory)
  • NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Defensive Line ($0.99) (Road To Glory)
  • NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Quarterback ($1.99) (Road To Glory)
  • NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Receiver ($0.99) (Road To Glory)
  • NCAA Football 11 – 5 Star Running Back ($0.99) (Road To Glory)
  • NCAA Football 11 – All 5 Star Recruits ($5.99)
  • NCAA Football 11 – All Dynasty Time Saver ($11.99)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Coaching Seminar ($1.99) (Dynasty Mode)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Commish Of 3 Online Dynasties ($9.99)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Commish Of 5 Online Dynasties ($14.99)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Max TeamBuilder Slot ($9.99)
  • NCAA Football 11 – Maximum Player Training ($1.99)
These aren't add-on's, this is EA making you pay for cheats, the hell.
Such B.S. First it was the uni's; but I somehow accepted that. Now this....whats next, you can't have all 32 teams unless you buy MS points for Madden?

Really reminds me of what Max Kaiser said on Infowars how corporations are going to keep pushing for a new type of digital currency they can control with no government restrictions.

Whenever I have bought Disney dollars at Disneyworld, or XBOX 360 MS points, I feel like I am contributing to fascism lol.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz420
Such B.S. First it was the uni's; but I somehow accepted that. Now this....whats next, you can't have all 32 teams unless you buy MS points for Madden?
That will never happen. Guaranteed. EA might want to do that, but Microsoft would never let them. And what are you talking about the uni's?

Quote:
Max Kaiser said on Infowars
lol

Quote:
Whenever I have bought Disney dollars at Disneyworld, or XBOX 360 MS points, I feel like I am contributing to fascism lol.
You should feel like you're contributing to capitalism, but regardless of how you feel when you purchase these items, if it's a bad feeling, then you shouldn't purchase these items.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »