Home

Anyone else as sick and tired of batted balls by the line and lbs are I am?

This is a discussion on Anyone else as sick and tired of batted balls by the line and lbs are I am? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #33
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Anyone else as sick and tired of batted balls by the line and lbs are I am?

Yesterday I threw a short pass, even put a little touch on it. The DE saw the pass, disengaged with the lineman, stepped back, jumped in the air with both hands and intercepted the ball!!!

The reaction time by the Linemane/LBs coupled with the ridiculously low ball arc even on normal passes makes what's usually the most rewarding/enjoyable part of a football game one of the less enjoyable aspects of EA's football games (both NCAA & Madden). They need to reduce the reaction time of LBs/DEs AND raise the ball arc so this doesn't happen as often. Would greatly increase the 'fun' & 'realism' aspect of the game while greatly decreasing the 'frustration'.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15

I think ball arc is the biggest issue.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #35
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

some of thos defensive lineman be right in the passing lane and soon as u thing about throwing it they jump. but they never bite on the pump fake. not even when u scrambling out the pocket and do a pump fake. they jus sack u. in real life if a quarterback scrambling and pump fake, the dlineman gonna jump up and the quarterback gonna take off running again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Well, the OLB had 5 total knock downs. Majority, by any definition, means greater than 50%, which means three of them DEFINITELY were "BS" in OP's opinion. Meanwhile, "some," by any definition is unquestionably more than one.

The only thing I could come up with was 3 and 2, which means... out of however many passing plays OP threw, the MLB got 3 "BS" knockdowns.
Can't argue with that lol
Old 08-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #37
Rookie

jmmista's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I think ball arc is the biggest issue.
I agree, but also, watch the linemen when you throw, they actually jump before the ball is released and they know exactly where its going!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Just had a game where I had 8 batted balls. 5 by LB's, and 3 by DT's.

3 of the LB bats, were on lob passes intended for a WR 45 yards behind them.

The DT's dropping into zones, and doing the same thing is the most frustrating thing...and then those DT's make 1 handed diving interceptions.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmista
I agree, but also, watch the linemen when you throw, they actually jump before the ball is released and they know exactly where its going!
Yeah, but if you're 3 yards (9 FEET) behind the offensive linemen (so about 10 feet behind the defensive linemen), on anything except the shortest of throws, the ball arc should be so high that he has zero chance of batting it down.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #40
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Yesterday I threw a short pass, even put a little touch on it. The DE saw the pass, disengaged with the lineman, stepped back, jumped in the air with both hands and intercepted the ball!!!

The reaction time by the Linemane/LBs coupled with the ridiculously low ball arc even on normal passes makes what's usually the most rewarding/enjoyable part of a football game one of the less enjoyable aspects of EA's football games (both NCAA & Madden). They need to reduce the reaction time of LBs/DEs AND raise the ball arc so this doesn't happen as often. Would greatly increase the 'fun' & 'realism' aspect of the game while greatly decreasing the 'frustration'.
When that DE disengages from the line, doesn't it almost feel like the ball goes even slower than normal? Maybe its just me because I know the ball is about to be picked.

Also, has anyone had any luck running a screen? Any time I run it, at least one d-linemen reads it and runs the route with my RB.

How were these issues not fixed in development? Didn't they notice the Super-LBs on passes? Linemen that are psychic and can jump and knock down any ball close? Or a D that doesn't follow a WR on his route but actually leads him sometimes?

I really do love this years game, even with its flaws I play it a ton, but its disappointing to realize how great this game could be with just a few fixes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »