Home

Punt Return Question

This is a discussion on Punt Return Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Punt Return Question

Thanks Pogo for the handy tips. All of my return men have a 90+ rating in kick slash punt returns (according to the depth chart OVR ratings). Perhaps, I am paying more attention to the OVR ratings for KR and PR?? That is possible!

Like you, I generally do not touch the pad until the ball is safely in hand, but I can tell you that I am hitting the triangle button too late for the fair catch. I just picked that up from your post. Thank you. That should help.

On another related note, yes, I always try to user catch the punt myself. When the guy does manage to catch the ball (it does happen), he will fumble during jukes and trucking, but that's something completely different. I don't juke and truck anymore, so that pretty solved that particular problem. My problem is with catching the ball. There is no problem with kick returns. The same guy will never muff a kick return. It only happens with punt returns.

Last edited by zadokguy; 08-08-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
Thanks Pogo for the handy tips. All of my return men have a 90+ rating in kick slash punt returns (according to the depth chart OVR ratings). Perhaps, I am paying more attention to the OVR ratings for KR and PR?? That is possible!

Like you, I generally do not touch the pad until the ball is safely in hand, but I can tell you that I am hitting the triangle button too late for the fair catch. I just picked that up from your post. Thank you. That should help.
In other positions, I will sometimes look at OVR rating, but for KR/PR I completely ignore the rating. I generally look at Speed/Accel to determine my returner, and it's usually a WR or HB. These guys don't tend to have a problem catching the ball.

If it's a corner, or even one year I had a safety... I double check their catching rating.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

My three main return men are a halfback, corner and receiver. It happens with each of them on equal par, but I tend to notice it a little more with the RB.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »