Home

New take on a current problem

This is a discussion on New take on a current problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
New take on a current problem

I have been thinking about this for awhile now. Most of us here know about current recruiting and progression issues. EA made it so that recruits don't allow an entire team/conference/league of 99s so there is a sabotage of certain ratings and progression but it does not coincide with the default roster ratings. Over the past couple of years with the addition of new skills such as juke, spin, stiff arm, blocking, etc..., it appears as if there was never an attempt to change how certain ratings affect the different positions.

At this point, I think the way to fix the recruiting/progression issues is an overhaul of how overall is determined. By lowering the impact of certain attributes on ratings for different positions, it will bring down the entire overall of the NCAA. It will take care of the over inflated beginning rosters. It allows the higher overalls to be reserved for the ultra elite, all around players for that position. It will also allow the recruits to be bumped up to standard roster levels so teams can't be inflated across the board with 99 overall players. It will allow for normal year over year progression to be put back in but not extreme. Finally it will allow the rare ultra dominant recruit actually appear to be better then everyone else and not just another 99 overall. It will lower the team values too, so that only rare teams that are dominant at every position can nab an A overall.

I believe this solution would be the key to making everyone happy. People that are mad that recruits and progression suck will be happy that recruits would then be on par with default rosters. It would also please the people who appreciate the elimination of over inflated rosters later in dynasties.

This fix could also fix the depth chart issue. It could allow code that automatically changes overall for a player that is not a certain position such as hard code to say a QB is 12 overall at DT or OL. It could also be put in that positions that are closely related wouldn't take such a hit such as a DE playing DT. It could be made that play recognition or awareness takes a massive auto hit to lower their overall for that position but still would maintain them as a viable option in case of injury. It would fix the issue of the cpu just auto reordering the depth chart every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: New take on a current problem

does anyone agree me on this? If you disagree I would like to hear your stance.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

I've noticed that for awhile too.

You can have a 99 overall DE who doesn't have above 90 in any single stat category. Same with FB too. And I know we've been told AWR is only for QBs but you can have 99 overall players (or well above 95) with awareness in the 50s.

It's just stupid.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
Rookie

brettford's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't see what impact that would have on the game. OVR doesn't matter. It's just a calculation with the player ratings and his assigned position as variables.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettford
I don't see what impact that would have on the game. OVR doesn't matter. It's just a calculation with the player ratings and his assigned position as variables.
It wouldn't have an impact on default roster gameplay but it would on later dynasty gameplay where skills of recruits would be in line with the default roster unlike the way it is now. If you believe what the EA rep for the tuner thread said, that they kept recruits intentionally down to keep team overalls from getting inflated in the later parts of dynasty. Which tells me EA was paying more attention to the static overall number rather then a players skill and keeping it in line with default rosters. Rewriting the overall calculation prevents them from worrying about that static number while not sabotaging the later parts of dynasty. It satisfies both the people who want skills to stay inline with the default roster and it appeals to the people who like that currently half the NCAA is not Bs or As.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettford
OVR is how the game system generates the depth chart

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »