Home

Really hope they fix the playaction on this game

This is a discussion on Really hope they fix the playaction on this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Really hope they fix the playaction on this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
They don't work one iota. If you are a spread option team, and you are in the gun, after a few read option plays, the playaction pass off that should be WIDE open.

As someone said above, you don't need to break 20 yard runs for PA to work. If you have a team who's averaging 2-3 yards a carry, they go playaction, and the LB's will...WILL bite. Not in this game...everyone morphs right to the QB as they go right by the ball carrier.

I use ask coach for my playcalling, and if he picks a PA, I change it. It's the only time I change my plays.

False.

I use them with success on a consistent basis.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
They don't work one iota. If you are a spread option team, and you are in the gun, after a few read option plays, the playaction pass off that should be WIDE open.

As someone said above, you don't need to break 20 yard runs for PA to work. If you have a team who's averaging 2-3 yards a carry, they go playaction, and the LB's will...WILL bite. Not in this game...everyone morphs right to the QB as they go right by the ball carrier.

I use ask coach for my playcalling, and if he picks a PA, I change it. It's the only time I change my plays.
1) If you need the CPU to tell you which plays to run, you probably suck.

2) Don't try PA passes against an all-out blitz, cuz yeah, you won't have enough time to get rid of the pass. Audible. But if you use them in the right situations, I can say definitively that PA passes can and do work on this game. There's a video in my arena that proves it.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #11
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty77
1) If you need the CPU to tell you which plays to run, you probably suck.

2) Don't try PA passes against an all-out blitz, cuz yeah, you won't have enough time to get rid of the pass. Audible. But if you use them in the right situations, I can say definitively that PA passes can and do work on this game. There's a video in my arena that proves it.
1) Thanks for your constructive input to the thread.

2) If most knew when the cpu was going to blitz, they probably wouldn't call play action. Wow! One whole video! I don't think people are saying it never works. But, it does result in a sack far too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
1) Thanks for your constructive input to the thread.

2) If most knew when the cpu was going to blitz, they probably wouldn't call play action. Wow! One whole video! I don't think people are saying it never works. But, it does result in a sack far too often.
Actually, the person I was responding to did exactly that.

Quote:
They don't work one iota.
Ok, here's my take. The PA could be better. It takes slightly longer than it should and it leads to more sacks. Still, people are going way overboard IMO. If you use it correctly, PA can still be very effective.

I just don't like the whole attitude that if you can't do something then it automatically means there's some fatal flaw in the game.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #13
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

I'm sorry but if a team is only getting 2-3 yards a carry then the playaction will not work. If a team is only getting 2-3 a carry then thier running game is not a threat. In fact if those are the numbers then thier running game sucks. So there is no need to sneak anybody else into the box or any reason for the safeties to over play.

Secondly I don't really have any problems with the PA especially from the spread shotgun plays. The PA read pass is the easiest in the game to use to me. I have never been sacked on a PA read pass.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

First, I know all about playcalling as I am an offensive coordinator for the HS team I coach for, but thanks. I use coach picking the plays because it feels like an OC is calling the game for me, and not to mention, after a day of work and working on schemes and gameplans, I really don't feel like thinking. I just play.

Second, anyone with half of a football brain knows you don't call a PA against an all out blitz, but however, when you do call a PA and the computer magically has an all out blitz called every time, there's a problem.

Play-action passes don't work in this game, it's that simple. Neither the LB's, nor the DL react to the ball carrier. The CB's who sit in zone coverage, don't bite and come up for run support.

It's fine, I'll contine to ignore PA as it just results in 7 guys morphing to the QB by the time he completes the fake.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
I'm sorry but if a team is only getting 2-3 yards a carry then the playaction will not work. If a team is only getting 2-3 a carry then thier running game is not a threat. In fact if those are the numbers then thier running game sucks. So there is no need to sneak anybody else into the box or any reason for the safeties to over play.

Secondly I don't really have any problems with the PA especially from the spread shotgun plays. The PA read pass is the easiest in the game to use to me. I have never been sacked on a PA read pass.
Never? Wow, perhaps you should write a thread and explain to those of us who have never completed a PA pass in this version of the game how it works because you're clearly a superior player who's above and beyond anyone on this board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
First, I know all about playcalling as I am an offensive coordinator for the HS team I coach for, but thanks. I use coach picking the plays because it feels like an OC is calling the game for me, and not to mention, after a day of work and working on schemes and gameplans, I really don't feel like thinking. I just play.

Second, anyone with half of a football brain knows you don't call a PA against an all out blitz, but however, when you do call a PA and the computer magically has an all out blitz called every time, there's a problem.

Play-action passes don't work in this game, it's that simple. Neither the LB's, nor the DL react to the ball carrier. The CB's who sit in zone coverage, don't bite and come up for run support.

It's fine, I'll contine to ignore PA as it just results in 7 guys morphing to the QB by the time he completes the fake.
IDK, it's not that hard for me. Agree to disagree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »