Home

How Exactly Do Breaking Tackles Work?

This is a discussion on How Exactly Do Breaking Tackles Work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 01:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How Exactly Do Breaking Tackles Work?

What I mean is what exactly do the Trucking, Elusiveness, and Break Tackle skills do, and how exactly do you use them?

Okay, so the trucking skill shows the probability of your player breaking through the defense via the "trucking animation" correct? Well how do you do that? The "up" motion on the right stick seems to be more of a shield and protect animation instead of a "hit stick" animation.

Elusiveness really confuses me. To me, and correct me if I'm wrong, elusiveness is a more quick juke and spin away from tackles kind of thing, so why bother with the juke and spin skills?

Also, do you ever see your running back break a tackle without you pressing anything? No right stick motions or anything, just somehow get away from the tackle? I do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How Exactly Do Breaking Tackles Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyWiener
What I mean is what exactly do the Trucking, Elusiveness, and Break Tackle skills do, and how exactly do you use them?

Okay, so the trucking skill shows the probability of your player breaking through the defense via the "trucking animation" correct? Well how do you do that? The "up" motion on the right stick seems to be more of a shield and protect animation instead of a "hit stick" animation.

Elusiveness really confuses me. To me, and correct me if I'm wrong, elusiveness is a more quick juke and spin away from tackles kind of thing, so why bother with the juke and spin skills?

Also, do you ever see your running back break a tackle without you pressing anything? No right stick motions or anything, just somehow get away from the tackle? I do.
Some of the skills are passive, meaning an RB with high break tackle rating will simply break more tackles than other backs.

I don't use trucking much because I like to set up the sliders for realism without using it. But I'm not that good so others may have a different opinion.

I imagine ellusiveness is like agility. Change of direction stuff.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

My RB LEwis for PITT has over 1125yds and 15 Tds with 4 games left and he only has 7 broken tackles...The leader (RB From Troy) has 42...Lewis is ranked in the bottom 12...Weird.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

the CPU breaking tackles is crazy this year I mean I had Alabama's QB break 5 tackles and score a TD on me. and I'm a pretty good tackler
Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemaster-2005
the CPU breaking tackles is crazy this year I mean I had Alabama's QB break 5 tackles and score a TD on me. and I'm a pretty good tackler
Yes. Especially on Heisman difficulty. Try being NMSU. One star program and one star tackling! Fresno St had like 350 rush yards against me and the dude broke like three tackles every run. Talk about helpless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pretty sure elusiveness makes them more able to juke or spin out of tackles, but it's risky because juking or spinning out of tackles causes a lot of fumbles.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Elusivenss (not sure if im spelling it right) is the ability to move in traffic without getting hitting or taking full hits...has nothing really to do with juking or agility (well its closer to agility i guess)....think Marcus Allen (if you dont know who that is Youtube it...I caught end of his career..KC days) he was more so elusive as opposed to making lots of jukes and things of that nature...it was the subtle cuts he would make to aviod the full brunt of a hit or to get throw the LOS....i guess you could say its sorta like being gracefull at running around in traffic....some ppl are and some ppl are not regardless of their other attributes....(usually HBs with high elusiveness make jukes or avoid defenders without you even performing a juke action even when your controlling the player...i know you've experience this b4) EDIT: Elusiveness plays out mostly in your Hbs ability to make cuts with the juke button and its best displayed when your running without the turbo button

Agility - is the ability to change directions without losing speed...so someone with high agility doesnt lose as much speed when making change of direction type moves....

Ball Carrying vision is the ability to see the holes or lanes that are either already there or will be opening up...think of it as being able to see the play unfolding 1 step ahead of the action...(now this is passive during user control)

Break Tackles..is i guess breaking thru arm tackles or just not going down easily...where as Trucking is more so like running bodies over

Stiff Arm - doesnt really work that great really need to time it right and i finnd push the button more than once real quickly

and fyi...timing your pushing up of the highlight stick is supposed to bring out a move based on teh type of HB your controlling....so a speed/high elusive guy with try to juke as opposed to a power guy trying to truck the defender

hope this helps explain the difference alittle

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 08-09-2010 at 12:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »