Home

How much better are 1 star commits than walk-ons?

This is a discussion on How much better are 1 star commits than walk-ons? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4
How much better are 1 star commits than walk-ons?

Anyone know? One star program New Mexico State is loading up on the one star commits, and I'm curious if they will be any better than your average walk on.

Love the game so far, but it's hard for me to get decent commits. And at 4-5, I hope I don't get fired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

Re: How much better are 1 star commits than walk-ons?

Any ideas?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well I know I signed a 1 star kicker and his rating was 64 and I cut him and then we had a walk on who was a 48, so a significant amount better.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

Thank you. Yes that is a really big difference.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman8013
Well I know I signed a 1 star kicker and his rating was 64 and I cut him and then we had a walk on who was a 48, so a significant amount better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
Thank you. Yes that is a really big difference.
I wouldn't settle your mind on the result of a kicker.

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a 5-star kicker, punter, or full back. A 4-star kicker will have an overall similar to 5-star players in other positions, so it follows that a 1-star kicker should have an overall similar to 2-stars in other positions, so your normal 1-star RB may be down in the 50s, which may not be THAT much better than the walk-ons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman8013
I don't know if walk-ons vary based on the prestige of the school but with a 3* school I got high 40 walk-ons as well.

In NCAA10 I got a walk-on kicker that was 80+ OVR with a 5* school.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I don't know if walk-ons vary based on the prestige of the school but with a 3* school I got high 40 walk-ons as well.

In NCAA10 I got a walk-on kicker that was 80+ OVR with a 5* school.

My friend got an 84ovr walk-on kicker with a 2 star team in Ncaa 10, but a 55ovr with the same team in Ncaa 11. So I don't know if it's by chance or what.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

The kickers will have better stats compared to others wit ha similar star rating.

Ive played many dynasty years and the highest I have ever seen a 1 star non kicker is 49 OVR. HOWEVER. if you do some checking and looking at stats/get lucky on stats not shown, you can get a solid player after you change their position. Ive seen jumps from 40s at their main position to 60s as another.

If you are going for one stars, look at their ratings, otherwise it is almost pointless to put time into them. youd be better off trying to get 3 stars that do not have you on their list. Itll be better in the long run to have 3 or so solid 3 stars than it will to have 10 1 stars.

The difference in the level of BAD is not that much from 49 to 40. may as well get free 40s and blow all your time actually trying to improve.

You can get 3 star recruits as a one star. This is a proble the mcomputer has. it stocks up on 5 stars and one stars. if it went straight for the 3 stars instead of the 5 stars it will never get, it would do much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »