Home

Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes?

This is a discussion on Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #17
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes?

I tend to lose track of downs real easy, like "Oh man it's 3rd and 9, why did I just call a dive?" I'm usually pretty good with clock management, but I've had my share of Les Miles moments (like forgetting to turn off chew clock / conservative tempo when I lose the lead)

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #18
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I have a habit of seeing a guy running a slant and having the man coverage beat, but forgetting that linebackers all have 35 inch verticals. I'll do that far too often.

I would complain about the tapping a too fast to hike the ball, but it's completed more often than not.

And I will do the pre-snap read of who I think will be open, see someone else open, then hit a button nowhere near the one I want on the controller (Oh, LB is open! Let's hit X!)

But, I won't forget the fact that I CANNOT throw a pass for the out route to the corner of the end zone. I have YET to complete it. But I try and get picked nonstop.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Yes. I enjoy taking a team, rebuilding it from the ground up. I've been creating teams in Team Builder (see my latest team --> http://www.operationsports.com/Valda...-in-ncaa-2011/) and then starting a new season with them. I play games, but only until I get far enough ahead that I think the game is one. I then SuperSim the rest of the game. This allows me to play through seasons far quicker than I would other wise be able to. I can play through an entire year in 1 day this way, which is awesome.

The super simming approach usually works out fairly well. Up like 28-7 with less than 4 minutes on the clock the other day against Texas Tech, I SuperSimmed until end of game, thinking it was in the bag. When I looked up, the game had gone to OT, and TTU had won 31-28.

Last edited by Valdarez; 08-10-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've done all those. Let's not forget defense. Playing strong safety, knowing I'm supposed to cover the slot receiver in man coverage. I'll end up looking for the pick on the receiver or tight end running a crossing pattern, and just leave my guy WIDE open 30 yds down field. Happened twice in the game I just played, resulting in TD's of 79 and 64 yds. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #21
Rookie

DeSales_Colt14's Arena

OVR: 1

I normally do stupid things on defense. I use player lock almost all the time at CB and sometimes I'll forget I'm in zone and the whole field is open where I'm supposed to be and I get burned.
Indianapolis Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #22
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I'll have some of the pressing the wrong receiver button, or overcommitting on an interception.

Most of all though, I have problems with playing to full potential against bad teams, so much so that I get beat by them. I'll go through the game like "I'll come back, I'll come back. Halftime? I'll come back. Final!? I DIDN'T COME BACK!" I'd have to check, but I might lose to bad teams more than I do to good teams.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieNationPSU
The passing to the wrong receiver... that's me about once per game. It rarely results in anything other than an incompletion, but it's still frustrating to see the other intended receiver running free.
I passed to the wrong WR yesterday, and it resulted in a TD for me. How often can you actually say that a mistake benfited you more then had you not made such a mistake? I meant to throw an out route, on the Bench Switch play, from my own 25 yard line, that guy was wide open, yet instead of pushing square, I pushed tryangle, and threw to the guy running a flag route towards the side line. He had two guys covering him, but they were both behind him, then the one guy goes for the swat and misses, and it's layed in there perfectly, my WR catches it, and breaks the tackle of the other defender, and is off to the races. I was like holly **** when I realised what just happened.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #24
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
Yeah my biggest is the once every other game or so "OH NO" pass. The pass, usually over the middle, where it looks like a guys is open, but only because I didn't see that linebacker in coverage right there. I know it's a pick before I let go of the button.
Yup. In all fairness, every QB in real life has these kinds of passes too. I'm sure if you asked Brett Favre about "the pass" in the playoffs last season he would have the exact same reaction. Like "Oh ****, why the **** did I just do that?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »