Home

Boise St. finally made it...

This is a discussion on Boise St. finally made it... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Boise St. finally made it...

In my dynasty they won the national championship the 1st and 3rd year
Old 08-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

I just started year 3 of my dynasty and they made the title game 2 years in a row.1st year that got beat badly by Miami 2nd year they lost to Texas 34-31 moved then to the Mountain West like in real life.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
Nice! Are they gonna keep it close with you?
they put it to me the first half and we flip flopped scores, but i audibled out of runs 3 times to beat em one on one w/ Floyd and went up 35-13 but the final score was 35-23. damn good game, they were probably the hardest team to stop that i played all season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Boise beat down Alabama in my year 1 national title game.
same here, although I don't think it was a beatdown in mine
Old 08-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #13
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Boise's tried upgrading their schedule plenty of times. Most of the big boys won't play them because if they win, they were supposed to. If they lose, it's an upset. And since Boise is capable of beating pretty much anybody, hardly anybody will play them.
Agreed. They've actually told teams that they'll go to their place and play them so they don't even have to go out to Bronco Stadium. Most teams are just too scared or have too much to lose with a loss and respect that Boise State would have a very good chance of beating them. In a system where 1 loss usually means "kiss your title chances goodbye," why risk it?

Either way, the national championship in the first year of my dynasty was actually Boise vs. TCU. I can't remember who won, but I couldn't help but think that even if they were the only two undefeated teams left in the nation, they still wouldn't both be in the title. Not much of a "BCS" championship if there are no BCS teams playing.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
Agreed. They've actually told teams that they'll go to their place and play them so they don't even have to go out to Bronco Stadium. Most teams are just too scared or have too much to lose with a loss and respect that Boise State would have a very good chance of beating them. In a system where 1 loss usually means "kiss your title chances goodbye," why risk it?

Either way, the national championship in the first year of my dynasty was actually Boise vs. TCU. I can't remember who won, but I couldn't help but think that even if they were the only two undefeated teams left in the nation, they still wouldn't both be in the title. Not much of a "BCS" championship if there are no BCS teams playing.
There really isn't a reason for big 6 schools to play boise, when there conference schedule is good enough to get them to a bc$ game, and they can schedule cupcakes.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem
There really isn't a reason for big 6 schools to play boise, when there conference schedule is good enough to get them to a bc$ game, and they can schedule cupcakes.

I'm not sure they need to schedule a top 6 team, but how about a top 15 team? A couple years back Hawaii fans were complaining because they were undefeated and never had a chance at the title. They made the same excuses that nobody would play them because they had to fly all the way to Hawaii, blah, blah. Then they played Georgia in some BCS bowl and got destroyed. I just think Boise St is generally way overated. IMO they have beaten one really good team in the past five years, in the upset over Oklahoma, thats it. An SEC team has the luxury of playing an FCS cupcake, Boise St shouldn't, if they want credability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #16
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
I'm not sure they need to schedule a top 6 team, but how about a top 15 team? A couple years back Hawaii fans were complaining because they were undefeated and never had a chance at the title. They made the same excuses that nobody would play them because they had to fly all the way to Hawaii, blah, blah. Then they played Georgia in some BCS bowl and got destroyed. I just think Boise St is generally way overated. IMO they have beaten one really good team in the past five years, in the upset over Oklahoma, thats it. An SEC team has the luxury of playing an FCS cupcake, Boise St shouldn't, if they want credability.
He said "big 6" team, not "top 6." He's talking about any team from the 6 BCS conferences.

But I have one word for your "they've only beaten one really good team in the past five years" argument: Oregon. Of course, they also beat TCU (in what had to be the most pointless BCS game of all time), who was pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »