Home

Boise St. finally made it...

This is a discussion on Boise St. finally made it... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Boise St. finally made it...

I would say the Big East is not a great conference, but I think theres better quality in the bottom half teams of Big East Conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #26
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

[quote=thdudeabides;2041451352]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Smash

Don't worry, I opened the can of worms, and its meant to be a good debate, not dissing anyones opinions.

Good attitude....I love talking hypotheticals when it comes to NCAA football. I have been a Boise fan since 1996 when I got stationed near there I have just been bothered about the lack of respect just because they are non-bcs. Even this year all the cards have to fall into place for Boise to get in. If Ohio State or Texas or OU or USC finish the season with one loss and Boise goes undefeated they still might not get in...assuming they are playing an undefeated Alabama team. I almost want them to loose to VT so I dont have to blow a gasket at the end of the year!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #27
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
I would say the Big East is not a great conference, but I think theres better quality in the bottom half teams of Big East Conference.

Yeah there are a few duds in the MWC.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't believe Boise should get a chance at a title until they prove they really deserve it. Most teams that play in the title beat a few ranked teams that year. Boise usually beats one maybe two at the most. Even if it is because no one will schedule them, thats too bad. I also believe they have twice as many losses against ranked teams as they do wins since 2000. I may be wrong on that though.

― Plato
Old 08-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiz00tx
That's a BS point (all due respect). All of these non-BCS schools would love to be in a BCS conference, have tougher schedules and share the $$$$$ that all these other schools get. They play the cards they've been dealt is all.
Maybe, but these schools can schedule better competition in their non-conference games. Plus, your think Boise St. would jump to the SEC and risk never winning more then six games a season, or jump to the Big 12 and maybe win seven or eight games a year? I'm calling BS, I think they like being the big fish in the little pond. Then complaining about the BCS bowl system, while raking in the $$$.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #30
Rookie

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Boise St isn't a good team or a good program. I'm talking national championship contender. I have a lot of respect for Boise State, especially when at home in Minnesota we got people making excuses for the Gophers. Sorry, but if you can recruit to Boise, Idaho theres no reason you can't recruit kids to Minneapolis.

Last edited by thdudeabides; 08-10-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
Maybe, but these schools can schedule better competition in their non-conference games. Plus, your think Boise St. would jump to the SEC and risk never winning more then six games a season, or jump to the Big 12 and maybe win seven or eight games a year? I'm calling BS, I think they like being the big fish in the little pond. Then complaining about the BCS bowl system, while raking in the $$$.
I think so too. Boise has a unique place in the college football world, and joining a BCS conference would likely put an end to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Correction. Boise State has gone 6-10 against BCS Conference teams, not just ranked teams since 2000. That is why they need to prove themselves in my book. Beat 4 ranked teams in a season and then you can get your title shot.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »