Home

How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden?

This is a discussion on How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #33
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden?

I bought Madden yesterday and I like it. It's probably the best Madden ever but I can't stay away from NCAA 11.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

I have Madden unopened on my desk. Considering returning it after the feedback. I'm happy with NCAA, recently Madden has been the better game but it seems due to them having many of the same basic features this year like locomotion, Madden is basically NCAA with an NFL skin.

Not interested in gameflow, and college also has teams with different playbooks to play against. In Madden there are differences, but generally computer teams feel the same to me.

The only thing I like about Madden are better overall graphics which look nice on an HDTV
Old 08-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #35
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

So is Madden worth getting? I haven't bought the game in 8 years but was considering a purchase for this year. But I'm seeing quite the negative opinions so I want to be sure before I drop $65.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I'm trying to figure out why some insist on buying one over the other. Folks are hilarious on this site man, lol. Whether you think it works or not, the games are actually meant to go together anyway, (draft classes) hint hint.

As for me, its a joint effort on a yearly basis. I CANT play one without having the other, it'll break tradition. Let me help you enjoy these great titles. Here we go (gotta prepare everything before you start) NCAA first.

1. Ensure you go into the options and adjust your game speed, fatigue, etc to your liking. Check the slider section and get a good set. Something that mimics reality as close as possible.

2. Go into player management and ensure that EVERY SINGLE player on your squad and EVERY squad on your schedule is correctly outfitted (oh yea, I'm talking from 1st string all the way to the bench)

That means no DEs with RB bull facemasks, ya know things like that. That type of thing disrupts immersion. May I suggest "DNA2" and "revolution full cage" along with a "revo speed" (either cage) for your LBs and DEs. Attention to detail is key.

3. Check your depth chart for your lowest rated LB, CB, or S. Whoever has the lowest rating (hopefully he's a freshman, if not its cool) that is your new in game personality. No switching players. You are now his mentor. Guide him through his college years and see if you can get him to the NFL.

4. Complete your season and export the class. Dont forget to create a few prospects to drop into the recruiting pool. I create 2 or 3 old school NFL players as freshman to see if they'll get back into the NFL sometime down the line. After my first season of NCAA this year I'll be creating Ronnie Lott and Lawrence Taylor.

Dont actively pursue recruits, let the CPU do it and the chips fall where they may.Its suspenseful not knowing who goes where.

5. Import your class into Madden. Pretty much repeat the process from NCAA, options, equipment, etc.

6. Complete your Madden season. Rinse and repeat. One thing to note. Ensure you flip flop your Madden draft classes to get a wide mix of players.

Specifically, your first year NCAA export will go into your first year of Madden, BUT, your second year NCAA export you can put that one on ice and use the generated Madden class for Maddens second year.

So your SECOND year NCAA export will actually be used in your THIRD year of Madden. Go back and forth. See what I'm sayin? THAT is how these titles are meant to be played.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #37
Rookie

medward26's Arena

OVR: 1

@TheCreep those are some awesome suggestions! if I end up getting madden I'll definitely try out your method.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have not bought a Madden since 2004. NCAA never gets old.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

@TheCreep seems VERY time consuming to say the least you must don't have kids or you're a young fellow.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

@Creep

Great post, that's pretty much how I did it on the ps2 version for many years. I have not had two next gen games I liked enough to get this involved.

This year looks pretty good though... These games could very well own me this Fall/Winter.

On point #2 - I spend a lot of time editing rosters for equipment. You can google image just about anybody playing d-1 football and the ones you can't I just make up thier equipment for them. I think I have OCD in regards to this. If I'm playing a game, and I see a guy with the wrong helmet/facemask it bothers me to the point of editing/re-starting.

On point #4 - I create the kids/brothers/cousins of former/current NFL players.

In my current Nasty I created K's - Jeff Blanda (He can throw too) Alex Vinatieri, George Jager, Mike Bahr, Mick Lowrey and Dustin Norwood in Buffalo just to name a few.

It's awesome!

Last edited by Romeclone; 08-11-2010 at 02:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »