Home

Possible issue for OD Commishes

This is a discussion on Possible issue for OD Commishes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Possible issue for OD Commishes

I run an 8-person OD in NCAA 11. When we started, only 7 people joined. We get into the 2nd week of the OD, and VT (controlled by a live person) has to play UM (which was the team that would've gone to the 8th person who had yet to join). Naturally, the VT guy played the cpu as UM because the other guy had made mention that he wasn't gonna be playing games in the OD until he was better prepared. VT beat the cpu as UM.

Before I could advance, the UM guy changed his mind and finally joined the league. He was given the option to play the VT game vs the cup AFTER A SCORE WAS ALREADY POSTED. Naturally, he (as UM) beat the cpu as VT.

So basically on the Dynasty Wire, I had two different scores for the VT-UM game. I chose to invalidate the 2nd score because the UM guy mentioned he wasn't gonna play right away and VT had already posted a score. It wouldn't let me invalidate. I'd lose connection to the OD right away. I called up EASports and they said they couldn't do anything about it.

So basically what I did was boot the UM guy from the OD before advancing. That way there'd be only 1 score in the system. I didn't want to advance with 2 different scores because this was a conference game. When the new week came in, it took the 1st result.

So beware of this problem. I'm not sure how it's possible but I saw it with my own eyes and the UM guy took a screenshot. It seems that a guy can log in and play a game after a result has been posted by his opponent. My fix seems to be the way to rectify the situation.

Also, I asked about converting ODs to offline and vice versa and they confirmed that feature was removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Possible issue for OD Commishes

HOW DID YOU INVALIDATE THE SCORE? HOW IS IT DONE IN THIS YEARS GAME?

THANKS
Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 AM   #3
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Possible issue for OD Commishes

Get better players then. You shouldn't of let him in until hes notified you and then let him in the next week if a situation like that happens. Or get someone who doesn't try to f over another user when he should of saw the game was already played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »