Home

So. Damn. Frustrating. (quitters)

This is a discussion on So. Damn. Frustrating. (quitters) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
So. Damn. Frustrating. (quitters)

Are the people who play online ranked games really that small of a gaming segment that they can't fix this?

I'm playing a guy, down 21 at the start of the 4th because of a couple of stupid option pitches I did that got intercepted and housed.

I come all the way back, tie the game, get an int and get in position to win with a FG....

And the little loser quits. GERSCHWITZEN was his name in case you run across him.

So, now, yay! I get to quit and count and give him his loss, but of course I don't get a win because I haven't kicked the game winning FG yet.

I still really do not understand why EA did this in the first place (I understand their premise, but their solution is just stupid) and why it wasn't fixed in the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: So. Damn. Frustrating. (quitters)

It usually takes me all of one half of a game online to realize why I never do it. So many immature, obnoxious, pathetic people that just make it absolutely no fun for me. I don't even consider it playing against a human opponent as it's clear most of these people don't have brains. So I stay the hell away from it.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

yeah but i can see blazers point, he is accepting of the human element being stupid but why have the game element be stupid as well and not give him the win??
Old 08-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

I very much enjoy the human element. Shoot, I love cheesers for that matter. I don't like losing to them, but I pride myself on shutting down their gimmicks and beating them. I love playing a real person because they can beat you and it doesn't feel like it's just the AI cheating you as it does when I play the CPU.

But to play a great game, and have any recognition of that snubbed from you just ruins the good feelings I have about this game online. Last year was great. Despite its flaws, I absolutely loved playing online. I felt like they finally got it right in '09 where you could just finish out the game against the CPU. It wasn't the most glamorous thing to do, but you didn't feel cheated in any way.

The simple solution to the problem that they were trying to fix (players playing and beating their friends repeatedly) was to just take away super sim from online games. Plain and simple. It would actually be harder for people to rack up wins against their friends than it is now. Cheesers would have to sit there and finish out the whole game. I feel like it just wouldn't be nearly as worthwhile for them. Right now they just play past half and have the other guy quit and they get a win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »