Home

The Big 3 For Patch 3

This is a discussion on The Big 3 For Patch 3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #9
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Big 3 For Patch 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
#1 should be fixing the outrageious LB/DLINEman jumps/swats at a ball. Easily the worst part of the game. You NEVER see a LB jump and miss. The guys are deadly accurate. It amazes me at times how some things make it past the Quality Control into a release. I'm playing All-American with a few slight tweaks (no more than 10 plus/minus anywhere) and the LB blocks are beyond ridiculous. Did the NCAA Developers even play their own game? Do they watch it on Saturday? Do they honestly see that many tipped balls by LBs/DLineman?

Playing now, and had a beautiful post play into a cover 3 with WR separating from the DB to be open on the side opposite the safety pulls. I threw an average thrown ball (about 10 to 11 feet in the air), only to have a !@#$ Linebacker jump up and knock it down. How did this make it into the game? I mean it. H O W ? ? ?
AMEN. The only thing wrong that, at this point, I'm seeing after patch#2.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:02 AM   #10
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

its amazing how some people cant see man coverage is way broken, its the biggest glitch in the game sometimes.

and sliders are bandaids, because you eliminate the difficulty to fix the problem taking away any hope of DB instincts such as play recognitiom

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #11
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3

Man coverage frustrates the heck out of me. More often than not all 4 or 5 receivers in the pattern will be blanketed. This essentially NEVER happens at the college level, at least a few guys will have a half a step or so. It's the programming of having "psychic" DBs that people have spoken about that is the issue. The DB's run the pattern better than the WR's. Their break is cleaner and cripser. Cheese ahoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Against man try a drag route, button hook combo.

Read the button hook first. Sometimes the DB is slow on stopping (he keeps running for a few yards then turns around). If you see this, drill the ball to the receiver.

If that is not there, look to the drag route.

With emphasis on catching on in game plan I have had some great completion rates using this against man and zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »