Home

RTG Frustrations

This is a discussion on RTG Frustrations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
RTG Frustrations

I made a speed RB and went to ND as a 2nd stringer. After the 2nd week, I was able to do well enough in practice to become the starter.

Here's my stats:
Overall 91
Speed 99
Accel 99
Agility 99
Juke 99
Spin 99
Awareness 73
Catch 80

Ok, so no problems there. A good 5* guy. Here's the problem, after 4 starts, I am averaging 8 running plays per game. EIGHT. One game I had FIVE. The only time I had 10 or more was when we blew out a team and were running out the clock. That game, I had 13 running plays.

The CPU literally calls 90% passing plays. 2nd and short, curl pass or slants. 1st and 10, PA Streak. 3rd and 2, Speed Option which 95% of the time the QB keeps for +/- 2 yds. I had a game where I had 4 of the 8 running plays were shotgun draw with 3rd and 4 or more. Of course you know that 3rd and long the CPU ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS does a full on blitz engage eight or dual corner strike. One game I had a RB stretch in the 1st quarter which I went all the way for 68 yd run. The rest of the game, I had 7 more sporadic touches. And we LOST!

Here's a breakdown of the last game:
15 running plays, 6 of which were QB keepers from Option, 1 was Option he passed to me for 2 yds. 8 were running plays, 5 of which was draws of 6+ yds. 1 of them was the RB stretch for 68 yds TD in the 1st quarter.

Oh, you might say "Well, you get chances during the passing plays.". Nope. 75% of the plays have me blocking and about 10% are screens. The other 15% have me running curls through the middle.

I am getting so frustrated, I no longer want to play RTG. If I was the coach and I had a 91 ovr RB with my stats, I'd salivate at using me.

Anyone have the same problem as HB?

Last edited by kilmar1; 08-11-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: RTG Frustrations

damn how is your guys awarness so high?..anyway to your point, yea the AI makes some of the worst calls in RTG. 1st and goal, my coach loves to pass, just about everytime. Also they love to run draw plays in like the worst scenerios. I think the problem is the amount of time that is on the clock. The computer will see 5 min, but you will see it as the start of a whole game, that should give you plenty of opportunities, but with 5 min, opportunities will not be realistic to 12 min quarters. So i think the computer is trying to force all of these passing plays, to match up with a simulated football game. But a complaint i have is once my guy gets tired from leading my team close to the opponents 20 yard line. When they take him out, literally 9 times out of 10 he wont get a chance to get back in before they score.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Choose a better team. I went to EMU and I get about 20 carries a game and 10 receptions a game. I'd say on about 80% of the passing plays I'm running a route.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Mine was the same thing but opposite. I was a wide receiver with 99 speed as a Freshman, just a burner. I go to a spread team at Clemson and what happens? We run like 75% of the time.

I did win the Heisman my Soph year though and I hold all the Clemson and National receiving records.

I may do a HB or something and see if the CPU calls all passes after that.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
damn how is your guys awarness so high.
Sorry, I checked on a Friday so it included my evening bonuses. My awr is 52 base, but the Speed/Accel/Agil/Juke/Spin is 99 base.

Just had another game (WITH PROOF) with 8 carries for 7 yds (5 draws, 3 sweeps) and 6 receptions for 100 yds 1 TD. No, I am not a WR. Maybe if I had more than 8 carries, we won't have lost by 1 pt. RTG is dead to me. Crist was intercepted 4 times probably because even the grandmother in the stands knew he was throwing and they still won't run. Back to Dynasty.

Last edited by kilmar1; 08-11-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

you picked the wrong school homie
Old 08-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

I think you might get more carries if you were at least averaging 1 ypc...

But in all seriousness... RTG playcalling has always been terrible.

You have to play as a QB. If you play as RB, they always pass. If you play as a receiver, they never pass to you.

If you play as a defense, the score will be 0-0 and the game will be decided in overtime when the teams start in field goal range.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

I would say that in the OPs case he pick the wrong school for a RB that likes to run the ball. Looks like he is at a spread school with lots of passing. The schools playbook does have a lot to do with it. I would also say that it is true that the AI for play calling is pretty bad but it still matters the school you go to.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »