Home

Making it to the National Championship

This is a discussion on Making it to the National Championship within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #17

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Making it to the National Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondary
Then you are lying through your teeth
I guess I am just not a conspiracy theorist and don't have such a hard time believing that teams "step up" and play more reckless when they're backed into a corner. Sometimes the aggressiveness works, sometimes it doesn't.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09
I understand this, and would be fine with it if it weren't for the fact that I can pass for over 300 yards and score 21 points in the first half, and still be getting beat by a team that should in reality be no good.
I'm not saying the computer doesn't "cheat." However...

a) Yards are absolutely meaningless when it comes to wins and losses really.
b) 21 points at the half is not an impossibly deep deficit to overcome.
c) USC was a 50 point favorite to beat Stanford, yet lost.

I think it's best to think of it less as the computer cheating, and more as the computer emulating real life, and remember the incidents like Stanford-USC from not too long ago.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I'm not saying the computer doesn't "cheat." However...

a) Yards are absolutely meaningless when it comes to wins and losses really.
b) 21 points at the half is not an impossibly deep deficit to overcome.
c) USC was a 50 point favorite to beat Stanford, yet lost.

I think it's best to think of it less as the computer cheating, and more as the computer emulating real life, and remember the incidents like Stanford-USC from not too long ago.
But when these "incidents" happen every year, it makes it impossible to win a national championship. Don't get me wrong guys, I love the game, and the fact that I'm in the ACC probably doesn't help my chances, but I want to win one with VTech, and I haven't been and probably won't ever get an invite to a better conference regardless of how many times I beat teams like Bama. I'm still having a blast playing the game....but I just wanna win one at some point and I can't see that ever happening unless I take a job offer for another team.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #20
MVP

The only way VaTech can change conferences is if they first get bumped down out of the ACC.

You will never be invited to make lateral moves. You can be invited from Independent to any conference, or from a non-BCS conference up to a BCS conference.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
Rookie

Thanks Pogo for the information, but unfortunately i'm not planning on sucking it up for a couple of years intentionally to get into a decent conference. If that means I never make a National Championship game then so be it, another couple years of dynasty like this and I'm just going to have to give it up all together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #22

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09
But when these "incidents" happen every year, it makes it impossible to win a national championship. Don't get me wrong guys, I love the game, and the fact that I'm in the ACC probably doesn't help my chances, but I want to win one with VTech, and I haven't been and probably won't ever get an invite to a better conference regardless of how many times I beat teams like Bama. I'm still having a blast playing the game....but I just wanna win one at some point and I can't see that ever happening unless I take a job offer for another team.
It is hard to go undefeated in real life and win a N.C.

Freak games occur all the time for top teams, especially towards the end of seasons when teams are giving you their best shot.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #23
MVP

Stop losing to Dook?

And at least win the conference. If Boston College went undefeated, then you didn't win the conference.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Stop losing to Dook?

And at least win the conference. If Boston College went undefeated, then you didn't win the conference.
This year you would be correct, but I did take the ACC title in my first two years. Combined over the 3 years, I have lost a total of 5 games, 2 of those were in this 3'rd year, so I don't know what else to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »