Home

Making it to the National Championship

This is a discussion on Making it to the National Championship within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #25
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Making it to the National Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
It is hard to go undefeated in real life and win a N.C.

Freak games occur all the time for top teams, especially towards the end of seasons when teams are giving you their best shot.
You're probably the kind of person who thinks getting slammed with a blue duckshell on the last lap right before you hit the finish line is a "coincidence."

Rubberband A.I. Look it up. Tons of game use it, especially sports and racing games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09
This year you would be correct, but I did take the ACC title in my first two years. Combined over the 3 years, I have lost a total of 5 games, 2 of those were in this 3'rd year, so I don't know what else to do.
I don't think you can make it to the title with any losses in the Big East or ACC. I've never seen it happen. If you want to win the title, don't play on Heisman (use some good sliders), use a different team, or just take advantage of the exploits in the game. It's easily exploitable, even on Heisman, with a spread offense. That's how I've always won them with Louisville. In NCAA 10, I won 12 championships in 13 years on Heisman using the game's generic spread playbook (or Cincy's, which was pretty close to the same thing). Go 5 wide and pass it every down. That'll give you the best chance of overcoming the Heisman AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #26
Rookie

milehighmagic303's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09
Well when I beat BAMA, OSU, and several other top teams in the nation, you think I'm going to lose to a team like Duke because of the way I play? Or sheer luck? No, this game does decide beforehand in some cases that you ARE going to lose no matter what you do or how well you play. Hell, I had over 300 passing yards and 21 points going into halftime and Duke still beat me.....you're trying to tell me that's not programming?
Its just gotta be you man, not trying to be mean. Its not the programming deciding you need to lose, you just got beat by a team that played better then you that game
Old 08-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #27

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
You're probably the kind of person who thinks getting slammed with a blue duckshell on the last lap right before you hit the finish line is a "coincidence."

Rubberband A.I. Look it up. Tons of game use it, especially sports and racing games.
Yeah "let's insult this guy even though I have never seen him play NCAA before or know his skill level. If I can't get a good, realistic game on NCAA '11, NO ONE ELSE CAN EITHER!"

Gentleman, we all don't play this game the same way so we need to stop continuing to pretend that we all have the ultimate answer as to what is a realistic setting or not or if the game itself is realistic. We all play differently, we have different levels of stick skills, different strategies, etc. and we're all not subject to the same results and feelings.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

Last edited by Deegeezy; 08-13-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #28
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Yes. You might also be interested to know that we really DID land on the moon.
Stop it, just stop it...lol...I have to get some work done here at the office and those kinds of comments aren't making it any easier...wow...lol...
Old 08-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

The game isn't scripted to make you lose. If you play on heisman, it's generally scripted to be challenging to the point where you have to play 100% the full game. Even a slight lack of focus can mean the difference between winning or losing. You have to cherish the wins, and move on with the losses.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #30
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

In my UF dynasty, I posted a 13-0 record...around week 7, I went from #2 to #3, permanently. As an SEC team, I'm beaten out by an undefeated Stanford (Pac-10) team that had the second spot, and a Wisconsin (Big Ten) team that had the #1 spot. I got the Sugar Bowl against PSU...where on the last play of a tie game, the CPU runs a normal play with time running out, I'm in complete prevent defense, and the CPU's WR runs a deep post route and is WIDE OPEN for the touchdown. whooo :/

In my Arizona State dynasty, I posted a 12-0 record...week 11 and 12 I'm number 2 in the BCS. Week 13, I fall to number 3 for the rest of the season. As a Pac-10 team, I'm beaten out by an undefeated Alabama (SEC) team that had the second spot, and an Iowa (Big Ten) team that had the #1 spot. I get the Rose Bowl against....West Virginia.

I'm not sure if its possible to make it to the NC game, either. The game seems to screw the user out of the number 2 spot no matter what teams are on top.

Last edited by FedExPope; 08-13-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #31

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba22plus
The game isn't scripted to make you lose. If you play on heisman, it's generally scripted to be challenging to the point where you have to play 100% the full game. Even a slight lack of focus can mean the difference between winning or losing. You have to cherish the wins, and move on with the losses.
Exactly how I feel. Heisman gives me the "chess game" feeling which to me, is how football really is.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
In my UF dynasty, I posted a 13-0 record...around week 7, I went from #2 to #3, permanently. As an SEC team, I'm beaten out by an undefeated Stanford (Pac-10) team that had the second spot, and a Wisconsin (Big Ten) team that had the #1 spot. I got the Sugar Bowl against PSU...where on the last play of a tie game, the CPU runs a normal play with time running out, I'm in complete prevent defense, and the CPU's WR runs a deep post route and is WIDE OPEN for the touchdown. whooo :/

In my Arizona State dynasty, I posted a 12-0 record...week 11 and 12 I'm number 2 in the BCS. Week 13, I fall to number 3 for the rest of the season. As a Pac-10 team, I'm beaten out by an undefeated Alabama (SEC) team that had the second spot, and an Iowa (Big Ten) team that had the #1 spot. I get the Rose Bowl against....West Virginia.

I'm not sure if its possible to make it to the NC game, either. The game seems to screw the user out of the number 2 spot no matter what teams are on top.
See... this is more of a legit gripe then "I'm a 2-loss ACC team that lost to Dook, why can't I make it to the national championship game?"

I am, however, curious about your strength of schedule.

In an online dynasty, one of the players in our league made it to the national championship game as 12-0 Connecticut in the Big East and played against undefeated Boise State.

Generally speaking, I really don't think undefeated SEC teams should be ranked lower than top 2 by the end of the season, and I think 1-loss SEC champions should, at worse, be the highest ranked 1-loss team.

But the game will put a 1-loss SEC champion behind a 1-loss team in their same division (11-1 higher ranked than the 12-1 SEC champ that it lost to). Heck, the game will put a 1-loss SEC champion behind a 1-loss Boise State, an undefeated Nevada (who plays no one), a 1-loss TCU, and a 2-loss Wisconsin.

I really don't get it. The top 25 polling is kind of out of wack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »