Home

Making it to the National Championship

This is a discussion on Making it to the National Championship within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Making it to the National Championship

Is this even remotely possible without going undefeated? I'm in my 3'rd year with VTech, and scheduled the hardest possible schedule going against Bama, OSU, Texas who were all undefeated teams in the previous year. I beat all of them, yet since I'm playing on Heisman and the computer decides every once in a while that I'm GOING to lose a game or two regardless of how I play, lost to Duke and Boston College. Boston College and a couple other teams then went undefeated, and I still can't come close to making the National Championship game. Is this something that's even achievable on Heisman difficulty? I love the challenge of the game, and know that a National Championship should be difficult to achieve....it's just frustrating at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Making it to the National Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09
Is this even remotely possible without going undefeated? I'm in my 3'rd year with VTech, and scheduled the hardest possible schedule going against Bama, OSU, Texas who were all undefeated teams in the previous year. I beat all of them, yet since I'm playing on Heisman and the computer decides every once in a while that I'm GOING to lose a game or two regardless of how I play, lost to Dook and Boston College. Boston College and a couple other teams then went undefeated, and I still can't come close to making the National Championship game. Is this something that's even achievable on Heisman difficulty? I love the challenge of the game, and know that a National Championship should be difficult to achieve....it's just frustrating at times.
No.

Losing to Dook should pretty much take you out of national title contention. Losing a game in the ACC should pretty much take you out of national title contention.
Losing two games should mostly take you out of national title contention (although there is the real life exception of LSU...but they're not in the ACC now are they?).

There are too many non-BCS conference teams that go undefeated and the game loves to give them too much love. In fact, I really haven't seen a season without at least 3 undefeated teams.

So...if you can figure out how to prevent so many undefeated teams, then I imagine you could go 12-1 in the ACC (after WINNING the championship game) and make it to the national championship game.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

You expect to make the NC with 2 losses, one of which was to Duke????
Old 08-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphepler
You expect to make the NC with 2 losses, one of which was to Duke????
Sorry but...

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I love reading things like "the game decided I needed to lose."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
Banned

Secondary's Arena

OVR: 2

The game does decide that you need to lose. In my SMU dynasty I was playing TCU, down 34-31 with 4 minutes left. 2 consecutive drives I fumble and they recover. No turnovers the whole game, except when I am trying to pull a comeback. I ended up losing (which im very salty about). In my Ohio State dynasty I wiped the floor with Marshall so bad i had to Mass Sub and super sim midway through the second quarter, then I shut out Miami, the I play OU and their QB is going drive for drive with me picking apart my defense in which i snaked a 7 point victory.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I love reading things like "the game decided I needed to lose."
Well when I beat BAMA, OSU, and several other top teams in the nation, you think I'm going to lose to a team like Duke because of the way I play? Or sheer luck? No, this game does decide beforehand in some cases that you ARE going to lose no matter what you do or how well you play. Hell, I had over 300 passing yards and 21 points going into halftime and Duke still beat me.....you're trying to tell me that's not programming?
Old 08-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09
Well when I beat BAMA, OSU, and several other top teams in the nation, you think I'm going to lose to a team like Duke because of the way I play? Or sheer luck? No, this game does decide beforehand in some cases that you ARE going to lose no matter what you do or how well you play. Hell, I had over 300 passing yards and 21 points going into halftime and Duke still beat me.....you're trying to tell me that's not programming?
Yes. You might also be interested to know that we really DID land on the moon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »