Home

For the love of God fix the CPU's depth chart

This is a discussion on For the love of God fix the CPU's depth chart within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: For the love of God fix the CPU's depth chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Maybe ATHLETES are causing the problem. If a CPU team drafts a few and they are good at certain positions...They assign the athlete to a better more needed position...Makes sense.

I drafted an ATHLETE who at QB was a 74 ovr....at WR was a 72 and at CB was 68....

Sure seems like a plausable reason for messed up depth charts. If the CPU recruits an ATH but is stacked at his #1 position, they put him at the next best one. I mean a Tackle at FB/TE isnt really odd if they are a great blocker. Quite a Few TEs have started out as OL. Take Manumaleuna (sp? LOL)...Guys is 300lbs...was an OL prior.
Sort of wished it was that simple....but it goes much deeper than that. You will see a WR in the K postion, FB at LB, LB at DT...the list goes on. And if that is the case, why recruit postions...when you can just plug in Ath.

I understand what u are saying...but look at the other threads...it is bad...real bad.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
Sort of wished it was that simple....but it goes much deeper than that. You will see a WR in the K postion, FB at LB, LB at DT...the list goes on. And if that is the case, why recruit postions...when you can just plug in Ath.

I understand what u are saying...but look at the other threads...it is bad...real bad.
Yep, its the major issue with Dynasty mode, I have gotten over the low level skill moves for WRs....it makes more sense to me now. However, the depth chart stuff is sad!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #19
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6

Will you have to reshuffle the depth chart each season? Or after a few seasons the depth chart goes bonkers again?
Old 08-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Im pretty sure the problems lies within the auto-reset depth chart or whatever its called. After every off-season, the depth chart resets for every team. The way it sets up now, you will see starters being backups at 3-4 different positions, again is a must fix.

Does anyone know if its possible to tune this or does it require a patch?
Old 08-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangum
Will you have to reshuffle the depth chart each season? Or after a few seasons the depth chart goes bonkers again?
Yes, unfortunately u do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
Yes, unfortunately u do.
Lol. obviosuly...but no thanks
Old 08-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Ahh, so others are finally starting to see this other than myself and purplepower, lol.

It was just a matter of time I suppose for the initial release euphoria to pass. Now we can get down to trying to get the devs to notice this.

I dont really care which thread stays active, but so far I've only observed my older thread, purplepowers thread, and this one. Whichever one, this **** needs to be bumped everytime until it is acknowledged because it royally jacks up the dynasty mode.

If it could be overlooked, trust me I'd overlook it because I truely enjoy the game. Its a major problem though, it greatly effects played/simmed games and you really cant do anything about it because you cant edit the depth chart of teams you dont have control over.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Damn, almost made the second page, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »