Home

For the love of God fix the CPU's depth chart

This is a discussion on For the love of God fix the CPU's depth chart within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #49
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: For the love of God fix the CPU's depth chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I really don't understand this mindset/attitude. I mean yes they should fix the issue themselves so the user doesn't have to, but what would it hurt to add that as option? The people who don't want to use it wouldn't have to and the ones who want to could.

And just because somebody would be willing to edit the depth charts once in the offseason for an hour doesn't mean they don't have a life. It really is not that much to take one hour considering you would only have to do it once a season.
I think the problem he had with the person he quoted was that he termed the manual fix as a "simple solution," as if doing that would be the extent of the fix. And I agree with him that I in no way plan on sitting down to fix the depth charts of 120 teams, which you would presumably have to do at the start of every season. I think it will take longer than you are indicating.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've been testing the transfer issue in my other post and I'm in year 2019 with the new patch/tuner set. I'm looking over all the teams depth charts, it appears the top teams are half way OK but the smaller school DC is completely messed up.

Example;

Arkansas St 2019 Depth Chart Problems;

QB at 3rd WR
TE at T,G
RT at FB
FB at T,G (this is crazy)
ROLB at DT,DE
MLB at DT,DE
DE at MLB
ROLB at CB
DT at C,G (this is crazy)

The crazy thing is, they have the depth at all those positions but the players OVR rating isn't as high as the out of positions players OVR.

Last edited by jjsmitty34; 08-16-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can we get this bumped, this is by far the worst issue left for offline dynasty, and as much as i would hate to do it, if it isn't fixed i will likely trade this in for madden! Please Fix it EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #52
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
Man that's exactly how I feel too. Love ncaa but spending hours to meticulously go through depth charts is not for me.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 7

I initially held off starting my dynasty because of the recruiting fiasco and now find myself waiting a little longer because of this depth chart biz. Right now the quick fix should be to just automatically assign players to positions based on... well, their positions.

It makes me think that the overall problem is more tied into ratings and how the overall gameplay functions. If players had meaningful position-specific skills and their height and weight actually mattered, there would be few instances of the gaffes we're having where QBs are playing CB, or whatever the case may be.

Recruits and players should fall into general parameters for height/weight relative to their position, with some overlap here and there. For example, you have your prototypical measurements for DEs. You will rarely, if ever, see a DE under 6' and their weight just has to have a base minimum, for you won't see 200lbs. DEs doing anything with LTs other than being gift-wrapped. If the game properly processed height, weight, strength, etc., then there's no way a player without the requisite measurables (and also the requisite skill set to play that position) could line up in that spot.

Granted there are instances when you have a player that can play multiple positions, as Belichick has utilized at New England with Troy Brown, Mike Vrabel, and others. When a player has the physical size, athleticism, and skill sets to play a few positions, we should be able to incorporate them accordingly, but sparingly. You'd have to take into account their conditioning and such, as the folks that could do this sort of thing should be rare and treasured.

I will stop now. Sorry for the tangential rambling.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 10

Finally....I am seeing more and more people speak up about this. I just can't understand how so many people get upset about a player is rated low/high, but this issue has just been accepted. Hopefully something will get done.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
Finally....I am seeing more and more people speak up about this. I just can't understand how so many people get upset about a player is rated low/high, but this issue has just been accepted. Hopefully something will get done.
Agreed. Glad people are waking up and hoping EA does the same. This is critical to any longevity for online/offline dynasty. CPU AI is bad enough it does not need to be crippled by DE at receivers, QB at safety, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #56
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6

I passed last year on NCAA Football 10. Was this issue in that version as well? Or is this something brand spanking new in the 11 version?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »