Home

Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore

This is a discussion on Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore

I'd also be interested to know if the people who find it easier now run a pass-heavy or run-heavy offense. I mostly run (with lots of option) and that has definitely gotten harder, at least on my settings. But when I decide to air it out I've noticed that I am REALLY moving the ball now. Same for the CPU. I'm thinking of really increasing my pass coverage sliders on both sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
I'd also be interested to know if the people who find it easier now run a pass-heavy or run-heavy offense. I mostly run (with lots of option) and that has definitely gotten harder, at least on my settings. But when I decide to air it out I've noticed that I am REALLY moving the ball now. Same for the CPU. I'm thinking of really increasing my pass coverage sliders on both sides.
I use Virginia, who should not be a very good team this year, and run Florida's playbook. I've been mostly passing the ball because the CPU seems to always come out to stop the run on first down, and because of the sophomoric CPU D play calling, which is blitz, blitz, blitz, so generally I can pass all day with relative success. Running for me hasn't been too much of a problem if I stick to a power running game, with the occasional option. Im on AA by the way.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #67
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
Turned down accuracy to 20 for Human and CPU, and moved pass coverage to 75 for human and 60 for CPU. Just played Hawaii. Through three quarters Hawaii's QB is 29 for 33, all incomplete passes were batted balls. My QB was 14 for 15 and the one incomplete was an INT.

This is on Heisman... yeah, pass coverage and accuracy is FUBAR. Quit playing the game despite being up big (how does that even happen when the opponent is 29 for 33 passing?).
HOLY _____!! You're better than me! I'm on AA with CPU QB ACC at 20, USER pass coverage at 30, cpu pass coverage at 25, USER QB ACC at 30, and both INTs at 20.

Here's my latest game QB comparisons:

Me (Greg McElroy): 15/37, 202, 1/2
CPU (Kevin Prince): 19/25, 253, 2/0

Most of Prince's incompletions came after I teaked the sliders down from where I had them before. I also have both teams WR catch somewhere in the 30-range. It's coming around. A few more games and I think it'll be playing well again. Tweaking the hum pass rush and cpu pass block sliders will also help. Getting good pressure will force bad passes. By the way, I lost the game 30-21 (8 minute qtr.)

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

Last edited by bh446066; 08-13-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #68
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I actually think pass accuracy was toned down after the patch and is alright now. Previously I could take Steven Sheffield (95 throw accuracy) and hold the left stick wherever when I threw and he'd still throw it perfectly. Now if I hold the stick over too much he'll overthrow it most of the time.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #69
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Are you sure about that? That was only a brief scare for 360 owners until the second tuning set hit a couple hours later. I don't think it's an issue anymore.
oh I thought they were still having issues with it? well, I guess I will have to find out, I guess there is no use in getting worked up over it.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #70
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
The issues your having with accuracy is due to playing on HEISMAN. I woul suggest using PLAYMAKERS sliders in the SLIDER forum. The setting is VARSITY as thats the only setting where both YOU and the CPU have no boosts to ratings.

TOUGH games overall....A QB will not sniff the silly 80-90% comp %...Had a great game against Washington using BYU last night...Wash QBs is pretty good and he went 21-33 204 yds and 1 TD...Windy day...thru quite a few passes that were WAY off the mark.

Give them a go....HEISMAN is pathetic compared to His sliders.
I´m experience the same thing and i´m playing in AA..
Besides the thing is, in AA or heisman or any level, they changed the QB acc. for good or bad but they did changed.

this is bad for me because i was EXTREMELY PLEASED with QB acc before patch 2.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #71
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
I think the frustration is, prior to the patch people had the sliders tweaked to their liking, and were having realistic, fun games. We were looking for a couple tweaks: RB's should not lean or cover the ball when not necessary, and should look to take the ball to the outside, and maybe tighten up zone coverage a bit, and make the QB's miss a few more passes, and fix progession and recruiting, thats it, and the game would be really good IMO. Then they release this patch and all of a sudden its like a new game (and not it a good way) and we're going WTF?
this is the perfect explanation of how i feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #72
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't think anyone should be calling out the people that are upset. They created this thread to talk about their disappointment. To those that are having a great time and don't want to hear complaining then stay out of this thread. It's very simple. Message boards are for everyone's voice to be heard, including ones we don't necessarily agree with.

Personally I like the changes. But for those that do not like the changes you will still need the patches and tuning sets imo. The day one patch fixed a fumble bug by the QB and I think you will need the tuning sets to play dynasty mode or progression will get all messed up down the road. So I suggest keeping the patches and find a way to tweak the sliders back to where you were.

Most of you are upset with increased QB accuracy. Then drop it down - a lot if you have to. If pass coverage is too bad for you bump it up. It may suck to have to fiddle with sliders some more but that's the only option you have as I see it.
Huh? Contradict much?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »