Home

Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore

This is a discussion on Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore

I'm hoping I'm the only one having this problem, but pass coverage and off the mark throws have ceased to exist.

I have accuracy for both human and CPU QB's at 30, and have ramped up human pass coverage to 65, and have CPU coverage at 50. This is on Heisman btw, so 50 used to be the home of mirror coverage and all that other fun stuff that actually made passing difficult.

Well I've played three games since the second patch and tuner, and I'm not pleased in any way shape or form.

In those three games, the CPU has completed 64 of 75 passes. The 11 incomplete passes... three interceptions and 8 deflections. In those same three games, I've completed at a 90% clip, and every incomplete pass has been an interception or a deflection.

Prior to the second patch, I saw very realistic results for both user and CPU QB's, and it was difficult to pass and to stop the pass, but now it's impossible to stop the pass, and frankly it's impossible to throw an incompletion. I was having a lot of fun and getting great challenges prior to the 2nd patch, but now it's just not fun at all. Running game is still challenging, and stopping the run poses a realistic challenge, but passing and stopping the pass is just broken.

I hope I'm the only one seeing this because this really kills the game for me. Anyone else having issues with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore

I agree! patch 2 was definitely a step in the wrong direction. EA, what have you done? I ask the question however, was it the patch or the recent tuner update? Is there any way we can remove the second updates and revert back to the first?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah even though it wasnt addressed in the blog, man coverage seems to have regressed very far. My slants, which have been anything but consistent before, are now open 90% of the time.

Have not noticed a change in accuracy though.

Then there's "The glitch" which I'm sure we all know about by now...
Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Yeah even though it wasnt addressed in the blog, man coverage seems to have regressed very far. My slants, which have been anything but consistent before, are now open 90% of the time.

Have not noticed a change in accuracy though.

Then there's "The glitch" which I'm sure we all know about by now...
The glitch you are referring to has me considering shelving this game. It has obviously killed any desire I have to play online. I am just sick over the release of this patch. The simple fact is, the game is now broken and knowing this in the back of my mind, makes it a struggle to pick it up and play. I was actually one of the biggest supporters of this game and was enjoying it tremendously. Now... I just don't know

I really hope that EA does the right thing and fixes this before the college football season starts. This is just a huge disappointment for me... I am literally sick!

So now, it is not only the glitch, but they have messed with the QB accuracy and apparently brought "robo QB" back. Gosh... WOW EA... Just WOW!

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-13-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:37 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

what glitch? I haven't noticed anything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Oddly enough I find things better now. I mean I didn't really have much of a problem before but now it just seems better. I started a new dynasty for the hell of it and I've definitely noticed a difference.

Before the patch I had a dynasty in year 2 with Kentucky. My first year I went undefeated and won the SEC and National Championships. I play on all american with my own slightly tweaked sliders.

After the patch I started another dynasty with Kentucky and didn't change anything. I still use the same sliders, playbooks...everything. This time around I got beat by Louisville by a field goal in double overtime my first game, I beat Western Kentucky by 2 touchdowns, barely lose to Akron sadly, and then I beat Florida by a field goal.

So I have to say that this season is a lot more enjoyable. I want to win but dominating when I really shouldn't be just isn't as much fun as having close games and even losing a few.

I'm overall very pleased with the game.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #7
Rookie

MMMonty's Arena

OVR: 6

Keep toying with the sliders. That's usually what I have to do after a patch is released to get the gameplay back to par.

However, I've played a handful of games since the patch and I'm still getting solid games and realistic results. I would actually say that my QB is worse after the patch but it may just be me.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #8
Banned

Moylon, do yourself a huge favor and take a break from these forums. Trust me, if you don't know, it is better that way! Continue to enjoy the game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »