Home

Does pursuit seem overpowered to anyone else?

This is a discussion on Does pursuit seem overpowered to anyone else? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Does pursuit seem overpowered to anyone else?

You mean you guys don't like seeing the magic swim move by 2 or 3 defenders simultaneously to tackle your back for no gain or a loss every other play? I also love when I come out to run a sweep, at the snap of the ball you will see the DE, LB, and CB/S immediately, before any reads can be made, run to the outside. Seeing this you would think, alright thats fine I will just run an off tackle play and capitalize on the CPU being over aggressive on the toss, but no because when you run an off tackle play they are waiting for that too. Honestly the locomotion not having any affect on the CPU defense does not bother me near as much as the CPU knowing my play. I do not know how many times I have shut this game off for the day because I get so sick of seeing this, and you can't play online because it is a waist of time.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Yes, yes it does. There needs to be more overpursuit angles I think. When you watch a highlight video of any runningback, you are going to see him cut upfield and the guy that was trying to get an angle on him would run right past him. In the game they turn with no momentum and tackle you.

Last edited by UMhester04; 08-13-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
What level and what's your CPU rush defense slider at?
All-American, and high (75 I think).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8YkmreRiwA

For example, i feel like 3/4 of these runs would never be able to happen in the game either due to pursuit being too good or there being no momentum.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I don't really think locomotion affects running sideways. You can run straight forward and then turn sideways without losing that much speed. Just look at a lot of the KO returns for TDs in the Video thread and you will see what I'm talking about.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8YkmreRiwA

For example, i feel like 3/4 of these runs would never be able to happen in the game either due to pursuit being too good or there being no momentum.

I cry when i see highlights like this because i know they can't be done in the game unless you play on freshman.

The CPU pursuit is crazy talk. The worst players have amazing pursuit and look like superstars on every toss play. A defender usually runs parallel to the line to meet the ball carrier when he turns up field. Only the most amazing players B line it straight to the ball carrier for minus 10 yards because he met him once he caught the toss.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I cry when i see highlights like this because i know they can't be done in the game unless you play on freshman.
On that note, I'm seriously considering trying Varsity. Lots of people have said good things about Playmakers sliders. I've almost always played All American but I think it's worth the downgrade if the AI is closer to real - I can always mess with sliders to make the game hard, but there's only so much sliders will do at All American and Heisman if the programming is just giving the CPU super powers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy4uf
im really tired of getting tackled by a LB thats 10 yard away from me with half the speed, yet he closes on me like im standing still and im not able to beat him to the corner. I know they did this for gameplay experience, but thats not in the real game EA. Ray lewis is not tracking down Chris Johnson when CJ has a 10 yard lead on him, im sorry that will never happen ,even if Lewis has an angle. The pursuit is a little ridiculous but i can understand wht they did it. it just needs some fine tuning
This. Been a problem since day 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »