Home

Why are these players leaving?

This is a discussion on Why are these players leaving? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why are these players leaving?

I finally finished my first season (I know, it took long enough ) and when I get into the offseason, I check the players leaving and...I have a lot, or what seems to be a lot.

Probably 50% of the Juniors I was counting on having this upcoming season (a majority of which were actually starters the previous season) are leaving for different schools...even though my school went 12-1, won it's conference and bowl game, and was ranked #19 in the BCS. And I just checked, and some of these guys are leaving for schools that are actually worse.

So is this gonna happen every year, where i'll just lose a large portion of my talent and will essentially be rebuilding every year? Any tips on keeping these guys, since apparently you can do that, though I haven't read into how?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Why are these players leaving?

I know some of the transfers seem a bit scripted.

I've simmed the first season with Rutgers 3 times, and all 3 times the same 3 players request a transfer regardless of what they accomplished during the season.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Rookie

3Percenter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch

I've simmed the first season with Rutgers 3 times, and all 3 times the same 3 players request a transfer regardless of what they accomplished during the season.
In last year's game, Travis Benjamin WR from Miami transferred to Louisiana Monroe every time after season 1.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoracell
I finally finished my first season (I know, it took long enough ) and when I get into the offseason, I check the players leaving and...I have a lot, or what seems to be a lot.

Probably 50% of the Juniors I was counting on having this upcoming season (a majority of which were actually starters the previous season) are leaving for different schools...even though my school went 12-1, won it's conference and bowl game, and was ranked #19 in the BCS. And I just checked, and some of these guys are leaving for schools that are actually worse.

So is this gonna happen every year, where i'll just lose a large portion of my talent and will essentially be rebuilding every year? Any tips on keeping these guys, since apparently you can do that, though I haven't read into how?
Do you try talking these guys into staying? If so what are the results?
Old 08-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoracell
And I just checked, and some of these guys are leaving for schools that are actually worse.
That's because they want to play.. You don't usually see a lot of juniors transfer off ranked teams to better teams..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch

I can guarantee they aren't scripted. I'm in an Online Dynasty and all of us started with the exact created school. (Same players, same stats, the only difference is the team uniforms and the random names gave us all different names. Oh and of course we have slightly different depth charts.)

Our team has a power back sophmore and a speed back freshman. Since I prefer the power running game (I use lots of short 2-3 yard runs to lure the defense in, then hit long patterns) and my buddy prefers the speed running game (He likes to use options and end-arounds for his running) we each gave the majority of time to different backs.

As well, I use a spread style where I put the ball in the hands of all my WR. Whereas he tends to focus on his top WR.

Come the end of the year, I have no transfers. But his power back and his #3 WR both transfer and he can't stop them.

We both commented that it made perfect sense. On my team, I was giving the majority snaps to the more senior player and everyone was ok with that. But on his team, the sophomore HB was being ignored for this freshman. Of course he's going to assume he's never going to get to start, and of course he'll look for a transfer to a team he can start on. And his #3 WR had like 3 catches all season, so of course he's looking to transfer.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

MSU's backup RB always transferred after the first year, and the only fix I ever heard of anyone finding was to put him as the #1 FB on the depth chart at the end of the season. Kinda cheap, but I'm guessing the guy's not going to transfer in real life so...

Higher rated guys (he's an 81 during his jr season) don't want to be backups for their senior season I guess.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Players will usually only leave better schools for worse schools. Usually they leave after their sophomore year and transfer to a school where they would be the best player on the team. If you have a lot of talent at specific positions, this is a big determining factor in if players will seek to leave.

After my first season, I picked up -- I think -- CJ Cox from UNLV, a great running back who is now my star player. He's now in the running for the Heisman, so I'm sure that UNLV wishes they started him over Channing Trotter or Bradley Randal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »