Home

Calling all dynasty mode junkies!!!! (idea's for NCAA 12)

This is a discussion on Calling all dynasty mode junkies!!!! (idea's for NCAA 12) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:52 AM   #41
Rookie

AZxWILDCAT's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Calling all dynasty mode junkies!!!! (idea's for NCAA 12)

I definitely think making it more like an AD mode where you get a certain amount of money, more if your a 6 star school like Alabama and less if your a 1 star like SDSU, and use this money for head coach, assistants, recruiting, stadium expansion, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 04:19 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 7

Here are some of my biggies:
  • Shuck the OVR rating, and ratings in general, and go with actual quantifiable measurables such as the forty time, squat, bench, etc. We would evaluate athleticism based on this. There could be grades given to position specific skills such as hand placement for both offensive and defensive linemen, footwork, etc. Throw in intangibles such as work ethic, leadership, and hustle. All these ratings would factor into each other based on coaching, on-field production, etc.
  • Coaches who matter. Give us coaches with personalities and singular skills and strengths (and weaknesses). Let us hire OCs and DCs whom actually impact our teams. Say a really savvy OC will improve the route running of WRs, improve the decision making of O-linemen picking up blitzes, etc. One personality may be able to recruit a certain highly-touted recruit, while another would clash with him and have no chance of landing him. Have different variables play into the coaching up and development of recruits. How good is your strength and conditioning coach? How much of a disciplinarian is your HC? If not so much, does your team commit more penalties as a result?
  • Tied into the re-envisioning of ratings and meaningful coaches/assistants, have in-season progression and an overall more dynamic approach to progression and development. It should be based on inherent athletic potential, on-field production, coaching influence, etc.
  • Custom playbooks, create-a-play, meaningful gameplans.
  • More of a RPG, in-depth feel to recruiting. It should not just be about your school's prestige and wins, but about the coaches' and players' personalities.
  • Living, breathing, Keith Jackson-esque commentary. C'mon, it's college football!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #43
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3

Being able to edit attributes in dynasty. It would eliminate all recruiting and progression complaints. My 68 overall LB just had 110 tackles and 5 sacks, im gonna bump him up myself to an 84 or something. A low rated guy on another team had a great year bump him up to. Now some people would abuse it, and you could have the option of turning it off for online dynasty, but a lot of people would love it and use it realistically.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:42 AM   #44
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Open the game up for more customization. Let me edit schools' ratings (like academics/facilities/lifestyle) to whatever I want. Let me edit player ratings whenever I want. Let me edit other teams' coaching philosophies without having to create a dummy coach.

More sliders. Sliders for how accurate the star ratings are in relation to the recruits actual talent. Sliders for how talented the recruit pool is overall. Sliders for progression. EA will probably never get it perfect out of the box, so we should be allowed to customize it.

More dynamic playcalling. I heard one of the reasons they put Gameflow into Madden was because people were only calling 3-5 plays a game on offense. If the game knows which plays we typically call, how often and in what situations they should attempt to exploit it. After I throw my 100th touchdown against one of the computers shoddy blitz plays, it should realize this and stop calling them.

Let me replace generic FCS teams with Teambuilder schools.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:46 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 26

Full Coaching staff which you can hire, fire, meet up to discuss team state and game plan.

In Season Progression.

Off-Season drills.

Spring Game.

Working Schedules.

Everything else Mentioned.

I just hope they scratch out RTG and add everything in we just said. That + current game play + more presentation = BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #46
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

1) Bump up roster limit to maybe 75. We don't need a full 85, but 70 is too low.

2) Fix "Proximity to Home" pitch! If I am Miami and my recruit is from Miami, I should not have the same "proximity to home" as UF up in Gainesville.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #47
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Im actually good with the current state of online dynasty with the exception of these minor things:

-Allow conference changes at the end of every year. Add that teams who change conferences cannot change again for at least 4 years to avoid yearly conference jumping.

-Implement coaching contracts, job offers/terminations.

-Extend autosave to include profiles. Im absolutely tired of looking up and all my trophies are gone everytime I turn off the game.

-Fix the recruit search logic to reflect a realistic positional search in regards to athletes. For example, if I search for a DB, I shouldnt be getting a 6'6, 300 lb ATH that runs a blazing 5 sec 40. If I search for a QB, I shouldnt get a 5'11, 190 lb ATH that runs a 4.4 sec 40 and is showing a D throw accuracy or power.

-Expand sim strategy for more positional sliders much like Madden has (or I believe they still have). Examples: leaning towards RB2 getting more carries than RB1 or WR3 getting targeted more than WR2, more power over speed at the RB position, speed over possession at WR, blocking over receiving at TE, coverage over man for DBs, etc., etc. This would also add more definition to recruiting as the use of these things can directly affect the recruit's interest in your program.

One other thing that may or may not be possible is to allow users to spectate other user games in progress. Same concept as any multiplayer game like CoD or simple online poker only you cant actually join, just watch and leave.

Last edited by dreezymac; 08-14-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #48
Rookie

Sh3Ikfly's Arena

OVR: 2

1. Games that are not televised, should not get the ESPN/TV Broadcasting treatment. It makes building a crappy program from the ground up more exciting. When you start out, barely any games are televised unless your playing a top rated team, and the focus should be on the top rated team. Of course, once you start winning and getting recognized, games start being broadcast regionally then nationally.

2. Lower rated programs should have to build their fan base. If I start out as a 1star team that is not known for having a huge fan base, some of the stands should be empty. Not every game is going to be sold out. Of course as you start winning and getting recognized, the fans come.

3. Along with recognition and fan base improvements, there needs to be a way to upgrade your stadium to fit more people. The #1 ranked team in the country for 3 years straight is going to get a stadium upgrade if they originally only seated 40k. And specially if their stadium doesn't even completely wrap around the field.

4. There still should be a more pronounced home field advantage. College football is rough on the road. You walk into Clemson's "Death Valley" as an opponent and you can't think straight it's so deafening loud. Along with this, you should be able to increase your home field advantage with win streaks and fan base increases.

5. Online Dynasty wise - the commissioner should be able to modify Coach sliders for all teams. This is something that can be done with an offline dynasty and significantly improves game quality. The same should be able to be done with an Online Dynasty. The Commish should be able to modify any teams Coaching Sliders before the season starts. Once the season starts, the Commish should not be able to modify User controlled team's Coaching Sliders. Though, if a user is removed from the Dynasty the Commish should be able to modify that team's Coaching Sliders.

That's it for now...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »