Home

Calling all dynasty mode junkies!!!! (idea's for NCAA 12)

This is a discussion on Calling all dynasty mode junkies!!!! (idea's for NCAA 12) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #65
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Calling all dynasty mode junkies!!!! (idea's for NCAA 12)

coach mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 7

Just started playing ESPNU College Town...

It would be cool if you could use the funds raised by football to upgrade other areas of the school (academics, campus life, etc.). This might seem a little over the top for some, but it would actually give a chance to improve other areas of our school that we can't control. This would help out with recruiting.
Be true to you, and that way u can never fall
- Tupac Shakur
Old 11-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I want this.

http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...post-pics.html

Plus features from Head Coach. Have players rated based on the system their in. When recruiting, maybe the#1 QB in the nation is estimated to be a B- fit in your offensive system, but that 4 star QB is estimated to be an A in your system. If you run a spread system and are going for speed all around, that power back is not going to fit in your system at all, so even if he is a 5*, he would never really have a great rating playing for you.

I also want to see practices matter. In Head Coach you had to practice plays throughout the week in order to run them successfully in a game. I want that in NCAA(and Madden). I want preparation, game planning, coaching, etc. to all matter. If my head coach has terrible ratings like 67 Motivation, 57 Charisma, 42 Discipline, etc. then I don't want to have 10 win seasons unless every player is a 99 on my roster including my 3rd string players. But if my Head Coach has a 85+ rating in every category, my players are going to play consistently, are going to run plays with very little mistakes, are going to play to their potentials, etc. With a 95 overall Head Coach a 10 win season should be easier to achieve even with a worse team than a team with a Head Coach of a 55 overall.

― Plato
Old 11-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #68
Rookie

Eggl's Arena

OVR: 1

Awesome thread and tons of great ideas. I'll most likely repeat a lot but here's my thought

1. MONEY- It has to be involved in dynasty. Use it to upgrade stadiums, facilities, hire coaches (Coordinators positional, and trainers), upgrade uniforms, use in scheduling, etc.

2. In season progression- Make it mean something to play backups. Make impressive performances lead to a better player. Underclassmen should progress more than upperclassmen.

3. Offseason work- I'd prefer to just see drills implemented (like the old madden days that you did in training camp) but I'd also like to see a spring game used too. Make that have a little bit of an effect on offseason progression, but not totally.

The rest will explain the elements of #1 more

4. Stadium/ Facility upgrades- If I have money, and are successful, let me upgrade my facilities. Let me go from grass to field turf. Or if I'm in a dome, go from artificial turf to field turf. Let me add some seats, update my pressbox, or build a new stadium altogether. I might need to build it and wait a year for it to be ready for play though. Let me upgrade my training room, weight room, practice field, athletic dorms. Maybe let me get a nicer team bus or a team charter jet (got this from the old MLB games where you could change your transportation ways to improve player happiness. College teams probably don't have charter jets though).

5. Coaching carousel- Coaches that get fired, coordinators taking head coaching jobs, and making coaches matter in general. My coach should effect my team based on his ratings. Coordinators should also have an effect on my team, as well as positional coaches.

As someone else mentioned, give me the career mode in dynasty like in College Hoops 2K8. Let me create my coach, develop a scheme offensively or defensively (not both because lets face it, most coaches aren't masterminds on each side of the ball) and carry that everywhere with me. Make me start out in the MAC, WAC, or Sun Belt (3 worst conferences). I might work up to a Mountain West school or maybe jump straight to the BCS.

6. Scheduling- Make it realistic. Rarely will I schedule a game for one year. Create a lot of home and home series. Make neutral site games. Maybe a kickoff special once every 5 years or so if I'm ranked. If I am a powerhouse and want to play a cupcake at home, I have to pay them to come.

Some other things:

7. Play/formation creator- It is a necessity in my opinion. Let me create the veer if I want. Let me create crazy offenses or great plays to add to already existing formations, or created formations.

8. Presentation- Give me ESPN on a national televised game. Give me a more generic broadcast on regionally televised games. Give me a set of announcers that is on my teams network. If I'm a powerhouse and are successful enough, let me sign a TV deal granting me my own set of announcers for every game that isn't nationally televised. Don't have commentators if I play against an FCS team (unless I have my own TV deal)

9. FCS teams- I don't see it happening but it would be sweet if they were in there. Maybe even their playoff system.

Those are my biggest ideas. I'm sure I missed some, but thats whats big to me. It would make this the greatest sports game ever if you add those with this year's gameplay (improved upon in some areas).
Old 11-28-2010, 02:28 AM   #69
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Progression
Spring Game
Player Discipline
Weekly Espn Analysis
Espn College Gameday Pregame Show
Yearly Jersey Re-Generation
Coaching Carousel
In-game commentary about dynasty events
Facility Upgrades
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 11-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #70
Banned

Phin's Arena

OVR: 2

Stadium builder
Old 11-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #71
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I'd like presentaition to include something to highlight your graduating seniors on "Senior Day"...

I'd also like the ability to train players (in season and off season) in a way the increases attributes relevant to their posiiton...

More "film study" for QBs to increase AWR, more time in the "weight room" for lineman...

Fictionalize the NCAA full coaching staffs to create a pool with individual strengths and weaknesses...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #72
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

This probably has already been mentioned (?)

But i think u should be allowed to start the recruiting process earlier like a recruits freshman year in high school and see how he progresses

They should have classes like Class of 2012 would be seniors (make that into a top 150...also can included jr prospects.

Class 2013 jr's
Class 2014 sophs
Class 2015 fresh

I really think this would make the recruiting more intresting!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »