Home

My linebacker wants a pick

This is a discussion on My linebacker wants a pick within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
My linebacker wants a pick

How do I get him one? I've been kinda baffled by this. It seems like when I throw interceptions myself, at least half of them go to CPU line backers sitting in a soft middle zone (usually because I didn't see them, or the pass was a little off-target and low, going to a guy on a post or deep crossing route). So logically you'd think my ball-hawking, star sophomore linebacker (he moves between middle and LOLB) would get a pick or two over the course of a season. But in two years he has none. It seems like the computer just doesn't throw into the middle much, unless I'm in man coverage - then he'll get a tackle but never a pick or deflection. When I'm in a standard zone (usually cover 2 or cover 3) the computer likes to throw to only two places: deep downfield, or in the flats. In fact all my starting linebackers combined have only two INTs in these two years I've played.

Do you see linebackers on your team getting involved in pass coverage more than this? If so, can you recommend specific coverages that might work? I'd like to give this guy some chances because with his coverage ratings and catch ability - both comparable to a good safety - I think he'd come up with some turnovers for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: My linebacker wants a pick

I have the same problem, cpu linebackers always seem to get their hands on my passes but my lb's never get picks, even if they are easy ones. I think the new patch seems to have slowed that down a bit, but I was against an Air Force linebacker playing like Deion Sanders, which was beyond aggravating.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
Rookie

AUMCHUGH's Arena

OVR: 1

Funny thing just happened in my game. I was beginning to wonder the same thing about LBs not getting picks, and just now my MLB got a pick to kill a CPU drive that got to my 14 yd line. Then later in the game my LOLB snagged a ball tossed up by the CPU QB just as my line crushed the QB into oblivion. Two picks by LBs in one game...... I feel justified now....
Old 08-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

My impact linebacker made an amazing one handed pick on a WR screen pass, to fumble right after he caught it. Needless to say, they go down and score.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

what i like to do with my MLB is there is a man defense in the 4-3 where the MLB is in a QB spy and i play as the MLB and gaurd against the slant, which it seems like the CPU has at least one guy on a slant on every pass play. I get alot of user picks because the QB doesnt see the MLB until the last second
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »