Home

Being Level-Headed and Honest

This is a discussion on Being Level-Headed and Honest within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Being Level-Headed and Honest

I have been a dedicated NCAA player since my first experience with NCAA 05. I have owned each version of the game since that year. These days, I get the most enjoyment out of playing online dynasties with my friends. I love college football and a video game of the same topic is a great way to further connect myself with the sport.

This thread doesn't really contribute anything to the forum; it doesn't have a detailed breakdown of a game strategy, it doesn't include a spreadsheet, and it doesn't discover a new glitch with the game. It doesn't even include what team I play with or my favorite jerseys (I'll take Ohio State's btw). I simply want to express an opinion and vent some pent up frustration.

NCAA 11 is a good game... but it sucks. What does that mean, you ask? Well, it's fun to play and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. But lets be realistic for a moment. NCAA 05 was a fun game too, and how far have we really come since the last decade? I have spent the last two hours reading threads on this forum about the countless glitches and mistakes in the game.

Is EA really committed to the best possible product or chasing the almighty dollar? Of course they're chasing the almighty dollar. I wouldn't expect any differently. But it really is frustrating to still see so many problems with a game that has now seen so many installments. What improvements are really being made? Why is it so easy for this forum to spot mistakes and occasionally fix them while EA can't?

This forum is so enthusiastic and dedicated to making NCAA 11 the most enjoyable experience possible. Why can't EA share the same perspective? It really can't be that hard when you consider how far gaming has evolved. Yet NCAA (and many sports games for that matter) lag behind and continue to toil in the same technology that spawned the franchise. What true revolutions have been made with this title? None.

Again, I'm simply voicing my frustrations because I know it could be so much more and the game has so much potential. I wish EA would listen to Operation Sports's pleas and make NCAA the game we all truly deserve. I'll check back in a little while after I do my recruiting for my Akron online dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Being Level-Headed and Honest

For me personally, the game would increase in entertainment value twenty-fold if they just fixed the CPU playcalling on defense so it's not running dumb blitzes all the time. There are other nagging issues with the game (such as wonky Depth Charts in later seasons of Dynasty Mode), but none of them have really impacted my enjoyment of the game in any substantial way like the blitzing issue has (outright glitches aside). If they could fix this, there would be more challenge more often, instead of just the few lucky times the CPU decides not to go blitz happy all game. I don't even care if I still win most of my games against the CPU; at least force me to use real strategy to win rather than hot routing my slot receivers over the middle every play.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Football is a complex sport and much more difficult to translate into a video game than a sport such as soccer. But at the same time, football titles Madden and NCAA are making EA a lot more money than their soccer and hockey counterparts. A lot of work still needs to be done to make these football games a truly enjoyable and realistic experience for the diehards like us.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

You know how you can make a difference... just dont buy the game if you dont like it. Madden did even less this year then NCAA, ... a lot less. So I am not buying it. Simple. So you can be a hypocrite all you want.. bashing the game and mnor glitches in it, and then saying you are going to go play it..

Basically the point you made with that statement is that the game is worth it even with the minor bugs.. So .. what is the issue?
Old 08-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scur2D2
You know how you can make a difference... just dont buy the game if you dont like it. Madden did even less this year then NCAA, ... a lot less. So I am not buying it. Simple. So you can be a hypocrite all you want.. bashing the game and mnor glitches in it, and then saying you are going to go play it..

Basically the point you made with that statement is that the game is worth it even with the minor bugs.. So .. what is the issue?
Because I enjoy playing it. But I could enjoy it *even* more--a lot more--if they made the game they are capable of and up to its true potential. I don't think I was unclear about that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
Rookie

AAPC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BaseClogger*
Football is a complex sport and much more difficult to translate into a video game than a sport such as soccer. But at the same time, football titles Madden and NCAA are making EA a lot more money than their soccer and hockey counterparts. A lot of work still needs to be done to make these football games a truly enjoyable and realistic experience for the diehards like us.
1) FIFA makes EA more money than any other product they have, by a very large margin.

2) NCAA is a really good game, there's always going to be bugs and glitches in a videogame, that because it is just that, a videogame. This version of NCAA has had me glued to my console the past few days, I don't even want to think about how much more I'll play when college football starts up.

3) Russ has been very supportive and active on trying to address every legitimate issue that has been brought up. I play both NCAA and FIFA, and participate on both of these games forums. I can guarantee you that FIFA has more gamebreakers, more glitches, less developer support, and millions of more people infesting their forums.

Point being, NCAA is a great game, its loads better than some of EAs other games, and you have take these things one year at a time. There is just some bugs that aren't found out until millions of people are playing and then report it, and unfortunately you have to wait until a new version comes out to address some issues.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
Rookie

AUMCHUGH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPC
1) FIFA makes EA more money than any other product they have, by a very large margin.

2) NCAA is a really good game, there's always going to be bugs and glitches in a videogame, that because it is just that, a videogame. This version of NCAA has had me glued to my console the past few days, I don't even want to think about how much more I'll play when college football starts up.

3) Russ has been very supportive and active on trying to address every legitimate issue that has been brought up. I play both NCAA and FIFA, and participate on both of these games forums. I can guarantee you that FIFA has more gamebreakers, more glitches, less developer support, and millions of more people infesting their forums.

Point being, NCAA is a great game, its loads better than some of EAs other games, and you have take these things one year at a time. There is just some bugs that aren't found out until millions of people are playing and then report it, and unfortunately you have to wait until a new version comes out to address some issues.
Very true. However, when you see the same bugs year after year.... the "awesome-cool" new content (team entrances, Buddy Holly fan with the "D+'fence'" sign, all male fans wearing cap backwards or hoodies *even in 90+ weather!*), eh I have to agree it diminishes the excitement of the game and leaves you wondering: did they really try??

I will continue to play, as it is better this year than last. And I keep hoping it get's a LOT better too!

Despite the problems, I continue to play, as it is fun, just not quite there yet to be "really good".
Old 08-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #8
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPC

is this true?

worldwide, i assume...

where are these numbers available - it kinda surprises me...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »