Home

2nd Patch Broke the CPU Running Game and the Sliders for it

This is a discussion on 2nd Patch Broke the CPU Running Game and the Sliders for it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #25
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2nd Patch Broke the CPU Running Game and the Sliders for it

The OP is correct about the sliders which is highly disappointing. I played a game with me (Michigan) against Pitt. I turned both run blocking up to 100 and both run defense down to 0. On my side of the ball, I saw what you'd expect with such extreme sliders; I averaged about 15 yards per carry and broke several really long runs due to the gaping holes opened in the defense. On the other side of the ball, Dion Lewis averaged less than 1 YPC as my D-line (I was not using aggressive D-line) just got around their blockers all the time to hit Lewis in the backfield. With the setting @ 100, it should've been extremely difficult for them to get off of their blocks.

This sucks as I had just turned my CPU run blocking up from 60 to 70 to try to get them to run the ball better, but now I know it won't work.

On the flip side, I played a half with CPU run ability cranked up to 100 and then the other half with it down to 0 and that slider still works (Lewis averaged about 10 YPC with it at 100) so I'll have to use that slider to fix the CPU run game. With my sliders it's @ 55 so I'll try 60 or maybe 65. The down side is that it affected anyone running the ball and Pitt's 70 SPD, 70ish ACC QB looked like Tate Forcier with the slider @ 100 (but at least he didn't look like Denard Robinson).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I think the CPU is just as effective running the ball now than they were pre-patch #2. UVA nearly ran for 200 yards against me in my FSU Dynasty this morning. This is on Heisman, all default sliders.

Conversely, I think it is harder to run the ball for the User, and that's a good thing. You really have to work for your yards now and like others have said, those tosses and pitches to the outside aren't guaranteed big-gainers anymore.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #27
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I think the CPU is just as effective running the ball now than they were pre-patch #2. UVA nearly ran for 200 yards against me in my FSU Dynasty this morning. This is on Heisman, all default sliders.

Conversely, I think it is harder to run the ball for the User, and that's a good thing. You really have to work for your yards now and like others have said, those tosses and pitches to the outside aren't guaranteed big-gainers anymore.
I think the main thing is that it looks like the patch broke the cpu run blocking slider so that it's always at default now. If you had it at or near default before the patch, you likely won't see a difference. If it was lower than default pre-patch, the the CPU should run better (since it's been raised to default) and if you had it higher than default (which I had) pre-patch, then the CPU run game will be weaker.

I played 10 games of my dynasty pre-patch before quitting due to the broken progression. I was 42nd in the nation in rushing defense.

I started over after patch 2. I increased the cpu run blocking based on some tests I did before restarting. Through 6 games, I'm #1 in the nation in run defense after playing the same exact teams that I played pre-patch which had me @ 42nd.

For me, I'm seeing a huge difference and that difference is that the CPU isn't nearly as effective running the ball any more.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #28
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
So you are experiencing the change in QB accurate?
well i did in that particular game, however i played again, just one 5 minute quarter though. I threw 2 pics almost back to back, so maybe my back up was just on during that particular game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
I don't know if the sliders are broken or what, but I do believe 1) This last patch is not what the developers intended, or it had consequences the developers did not expect 2) The developers are aware of the problem 3) There will be a new tuner released relatively soon that will address the problem. It sucks, but I don't think its time to jump ship on this game just yet.
i think you are probably correct. my guess is they over compensated something with the tuner. from my understanding they can tune to their little hearts content, so i'm sure we'll see more changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I think the main thing is that it looks like the patch broke the cpu run blocking slider so that it's always at default now. If you had it at or near default before the patch, you likely won't see a difference. If it was lower than default pre-patch, the the CPU should run better (since it's been raised to default) and if you had it higher than default (which I had) pre-patch, then the CPU run game will be weaker.

I played 10 games of my dynasty pre-patch before quitting due to the broken progression. I was 42nd in the nation in rushing defense.

I started over after patch 2. I increased the cpu run blocking based on some tests I did before restarting. Through 6 games, I'm #1 in the nation in run defense after playing the same exact teams that I played pre-patch which had me @ 42nd.

For me, I'm seeing a huge difference and that difference is that the CPU isn't nearly as effective running the ball any more.
you could be right on about this. in my OD i only had the cpu rushing bumped up 1 click, and i hadn't seen any difference between cpu rushing pre or post patch.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #29
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Well I've come to the conclusion that the second patch has completely broken the cpu running game and it's mainly because it broke the cpu run block and human rush defense sliders. They simply don't work anymore...
You sure about this???

I've been using SN's AA sliders as a base and wanted to give the CPU running game a boost, so I upped the CPU Run Block and was getting schooled... The CPU players were holding their blocks longer and I was giving up huge running plays.

I haven't done a lot of testing with this, but to me it seemed like the CPU Run Block still works.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #30
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't think the problem relates to sliders at all. In my opinion, the problem is that the patch/tuner enhanced pursuit drastically for all players on defense.

Prior to the patch, the Run Defense slider had a decent impact on how well defenders pursued the ball.

After the patch, everyone pursues the ball like Ray Lewis regardless of what slider setting you use. The only way the CPU will run effectively against you is if they have a playbook that runs good blocking schemes which take advantage of the Run Blocking slider.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #31
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

^ Lowering the Speed Threshold will help with this... That's another thing I did, to give skill players a boost, and it seemed to help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Thank you. That's exactly my point.

Honestly, anyone that doesn't see that those two sliders are broken simply hasn't tried changing them around to see the results. Put human rush defense at any number and cpu run block at any number and your game will play the same.

Youalreadyknow - I agree that the patch boosted pursuit. And when you combine that with these broken sliders you get a cpu run game that is garbage for me on anything less than Heisman now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »