Home

2nd Patch Broke the CPU Running Game and the Sliders for it

This is a discussion on 2nd Patch Broke the CPU Running Game and the Sliders for it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: 2nd Patch Broke the CPU Running Game and the Sliders for it

I agree that the CPU gains nothing on me this year... but it was pretty much like that before the patch too. It's actually been like this on almost every football game I've ever played, with default sliders. I'm going to change my sliders around in this off-season.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #50
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3

I was playing Syracuse in my West Virginia dynasty and they had 22 attemps for 68 yards.
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Old 08-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #51
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I tried playing a game on Varsity and the cpu had no rushing success. At this point everyone will have their own opinion on the cpu rush game. Some might think it's OK while others may think it's too good or too bad (like me). Either way I'm still convinced that those two sliders, cpu run block and human rush defense, are so watered down that they are virtually useless.

For me this has ruined the game on AA to the point where I will experiment with Heisman. If that fails I will delete the patch and deal with the dynasty progression issues.
Rudy, did you actually try PlayMaker's Varisty sliders? I'm unsure if the patch changes anything in an existing dynasty as I quit my own because of a useless CPU running game with sliders I wasn't enamoured over anyways. I started over with PM's and have had some really great games...I won as UNC on a last second FG over LSU in my first game of the season; my next game is against GT so that will be the test for me regarding these sliders.

Last edited by Speedy; 08-16-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #52
Rookie

Jeff George's Arena

OVR: 3

Playing with SN's AA sliders, slightly tweaked. I turned CPU Run Block up to 100 and Human Rush Defense down to 10. As Iowa (90 defense), I held Nebraska (92 offense) to 9 yards total rushing. As Clemson (90 defense), I held Georgia Tech (90 offense) to 2. Never blitzed more than seven men, always played on "balanced" Gameplan settings. Something's badly broken.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #53
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I hope you test the cpu run block and human rush defense sliders by using drastic differences (ie. 100 cpu run block vs. 0 human run defense). People may not believe me but they will believe you. Those sliders are ineffective post patch #2.
I tested the CPU Run Block slider last night and it clearly effects how long the CPU will hold their blocks on run plays. I played the entire game as a middle LB, with the first half setting at 90 and the second at 10...

During the first half it was really difficult to shed blocks, and the CPU averaged something like 6.7 yards per carry. In the second half my guy could easily get off the blocker to make a play, and there were many tackles for losses overall as my entire team were blowing up the line and getting in the backfield...

Though I will say this... The the difference between the two settings wasn't as dramatic as I was expecting, but it was definitely noticeable... Even within the first few plays.

rudyjuly2, I don't know what you're expecting... Maybe more intelligent blocking? Or something different?

Whatever the case, the CPU Run Blocking slider works: it effects how easily the HUM team can shed their blocks.

edit: A key point here: I'm using SN's AA sliders as a base, but one of the tweaks I made was to boost the CPU RB Ability as well. I think I have it at 80, while SN has it at 50... I think the CPU RBs more or less suck at default... So maybe that's making a difference in this equation.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 08-16-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #54
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Rudy, did you actually try PlayMaker's Varisty sliders?
No. I just tried one half of a game on Varsity and I just boosted the cpu run block to 100 and human run defense to 0. I dropped human tackling down and failed to get the cpu to run the ball (admittedly it's not much of a sample size). I've tried Varsity in the past but ultimately the cpu offense has never been quite good enough no matter what I do with the sliders. I usually like AA the best. Most of my playing/testing has been on AA and now Heisman.

All I know is that without jacking up the cpu RBA slider a lot (I was using 65 and that wasn't good enough), the computer cannot run the ball on me on All American at all. They needed help pre-patch but post patch there is nothing I can do to get it strong enough. On Varsity (only half a game mind you) the cpu blocking was awful as well. I usually play as a LB. The only level that can provide me with a challenge stopping the run is Heisman right now. And I'm not a great player. I'm an average overall player although I do tend to play the run pretty well. That means when I go to Heisman I have to give my offense and pass defense boosts to help myself out.

The cpu run block slider does not work imo. Neither does the human rush defense. If they do, they are so watered down that they are irrelevant. There is no excuse for how terribly they work right now. Anyone playing with cpu run block at 100 and human rush defense at 0 should get run over. Instead my DL are still making tackles in the backfield. That shouldn't happen on those settings.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #55
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
edit: A key point here: I'm using SN's AA sliders as a base, but one of the tweaks I made was to boost the CPU RB Ability as well. I think I have it at 80, while SN has it at 50... I think the CPU RBs more or less suck at default... So maybe that's making a difference in this equation.
No question that cpu RBA and human tackling still work and affect the running game. We'll just have to agree to disagree over the slider effects (cpu run blk, hum rush def).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Was that the CPU? If so it was the best run I've ever seen them do without stiffarming some 300lb DL'man to the ground or other crazy animation.
yeah all those videos were of the CPU's RB's....

Now i must admit i don't play much with default rosters as another guy stated editing players is way better than default rosters.

Tonight i'll grab the default rosters and post videos of how the rb's reacted and see if remains the same.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »