Home

Anyone else enjoy gameplay post patch?

This is a discussion on Anyone else enjoy gameplay post patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #41
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Anyone else enjoy gameplay post patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
So no one is noticing that you are able to hot route your slot receiver to a slant and will complete the route 99% of the time on AA and Heisman post patch?

I literally ran 1 play an entire game and scored every possession. My slot receiver had over 400 yards receiving. This did not happen pre patch, and the game now feels like Ncaa 09.

Not happy with the game at all right now. If you don't believe me, pick a team that runs spread, choose y trips, and hot route your slot man to a slant. It's unstoppable.
If you know that this works all the time, why do you continue to call it then? Of course that will dampen your experience with the game if you are taking advantage of an exploit. I'm sure if you stopped running that hot route, you'd get some different outcomes in your games. I very rarely hot route any of my receivers and just stick with the original play call.

Now, that doesn't excuse EA from not addressing the issue. Hopefully the defensive AI Awareness will be improved in the next tuner, especially as it relates to user hot-routes and that this exploit will vanish.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #42
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
So no one is noticing that you are able to hot route your slot receiver to a slant and will complete the route 99% of the time on AA and Heisman post patch?

I literally ran 1 play an entire game and scored every possession. My slot receiver had over 400 yards receiving. This did not happen pre patch, and the game now feels like Ncaa 09.

Not happy with the game at all right now. If you don't believe me, pick a team that runs spread, choose y trips, and hot route your slot man to a slant. It's unstoppable.
Yeah, I noticed it. Man coverage is non-existent post patch.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #43
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
If you know that this works all the time, why do you continue to call it then? Of course that will dampen your experience with the game if you are taking advantage of an exploit. I'm sure if you stopped running that hot route, you'd get some different outcomes in your games. I very rarely hot route any of my receivers and just stick with the original play call.

Now, that doesn't excuse EA from not addressing the issue. Hopefully the defensive AI Awareness will be improved in the next tuner, especially as it relates to user hot-routes and that this exploit will vanish.
Just knowing it exists ruins the experience for me. In the back of my head I know I can go to that play if I am in trouble in a game against the CPU. I hate that the issue exists, especially when I felt pre patch CPU man was finally really challenging to throw on. It made playing offense really fun on AA.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #44
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Plus DJ- it's really not just that play. Pretty much any slant run by a slot receiver is automatic money now-even when not hot routed. It's ridiculous how easy it is now to pass. Honestly I freaking LOVED this game, and I am beyond angry with how it plays now.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #45
Rookie

3Percenter's Arena

OVR: 1

Key words regarding Bumble's issue is "AA and Heisman". I suggest Playmakers' Varsity slider set. I don't have the issue of my slot receiver being open every time, in fact I often get frustrated because they AREN'T open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #46
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

I really haven't experienced this myself. Plus I try to play my games as sim as possible, mixing playcalling, not using money plays to exploit the AI, and I am getting great results.

To each his own though, and hopefully the AI defense gets upgraded a little, but I just don't exploit the things a video game defense can't stop.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
Good old OS logic. Theres a poll on the second page where 39 percent voted the patch did not address what it should have to 24 percent who said it did. FYI, 39 percent is a higher percentage then 24. Yet, you'd like to believe "5% do all the complaning" LOL. I don't understand the need for some posters here to marginalize anyone who does not think like them. It's great if you liked the patch, thousands of people probably do but clearly more then 5 percent of the board don't agree with you.
That poll doesn't correlate with thread, nor does it even remotely disprove his theory that 5% of the board does 90% of the complaining. While that statement may appear to be hyperbole, I believe it to be more accurate than not.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

I try not to cheese the CPU when I play. Things like this are in just about every football game ever made. If it ruins the game for you, that does suck.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-15-2010 at 04:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »