Home

How many prospects do you typically make?

This is a discussion on How many prospects do you typically make? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #33
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: How many prospects do you typically make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colter
I get what you're saying, but some guys weren't 4 or 5 star recruits and have done huge for themselves, think Steve Mcnair.
Yeah! 3 star and lower recruits can indeed turn into stars but it's far less than 4 and 5 star recruits. This is what I mean by things aren't really random with recruiting.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there a surefire way to recruit someone you create? I want to create myself to control on defense in my dynasty. I would assume that you re-load until they start out interested in, but other than that I'm at a loss. Someone mentioned the 1* punter which sounds like it should be almost foolproof.

As far as creating goes I'll usually make a few guys who are unique/fill a void in CPU created recruits. I already created some of the Top25 guys from the thread on the roster forum here and for next year I'm going to create some speedy, elusive WR's, speed rushing ends, 3-4 OLB's, etc.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:21 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
Is there a surefire way to recruit someone you create? I want to create myself to control on defense in my dynasty. I would assume that you re-load until they start out interested in, but other than that I'm at a loss. Someone mentioned the 1* punter which sounds like it should be almost foolproof.

As far as creating goes I'll usually make a few guys who are unique/fill a void in CPU created recruits. I already created some of the Top25 guys from the thread on the roster forum here and for next year I'm going to create some speedy, elusive WR's, speed rushing ends, 3-4 OLB's, etc.
It might be cheese, but creating a guy and making him a different position is a good way to do it. He might be an 84 overall at WR (5*) but you could put his position at CB where he would only be a 68 overall (2* or 3*). Then once you get him to commit and start your new season, you could move him to WR.

I am not ashamed to admit that I'll do this with real life recruits who have committed in real life to the team I am using. Once I start my dynasty, I fully plan on making Austin Seferian-Jenkins, a 5* TE. Thing is, I'll put his primary position at LT, where he will only be rated a 2 or 3 star. Then I'll move him to TE at the beginning of the next season.

Is it cheating? Yeah, but it just depends on how bad you want a guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #36
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Myself and KG have an Arizona/Arizona St. dynasty going. To spice up year 3 I'm going to say we need to both create a player rated a 77-80 OVR at any position we want.

We'll both put our guy in Arizona and absolutely have a field day trying to recruit him!

More than likely USC/Alabama/Texas/Ohio St. will steal our recruits!

In all honestly I need to create an entire team lol

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-19-2010, 05:35 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 33

always create myself. turns out i'm a 96 ovr wr
Old 08-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
It might be cheese, but creating a guy and making him a different position is a good way to do it. He might be an 84 overall at WR (5*) but you could put his position at CB where he would only be a 68 overall (2* or 3*). Then once you get him to commit and start your new season, you could move him to WR.

I am not ashamed to admit that I'll do this with real life recruits who have committed in real life to the team I am using. Once I start my dynasty, I fully plan on making Austin Seferian-Jenkins, a 5* TE. Thing is, I'll put his primary position at LT, where he will only be rated a 2 or 3 star. Then I'll move him to TE at the beginning of the next season.

Is it cheating? Yeah, but it just depends on how bad you want a guy.
I really wish I would have known about this before I started my dynasty as the U as I lost Bridgewater to an instant commit from UCF. My recruiting is going horribly as well (first dynasty I've played) but I don't really want to restart as I beat the Buckeyes and am #6 right now.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always create three different position players a year...I try to get them in between 80-85 overall to start and even though I try like crazy...they never sign with me.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

i used to get too tempted to cheat so i stopped. I would make a punter with terrible punting skills but off the chart QB skills. Or a LT who was terrible at blocking, but insane as a LE or DT. They would be ranked 1stars as punters and id sign them usually and convert. Cheap...but i stopped doing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »