Home

Recruiting rules for better realism

This is a discussion on Recruiting rules for better realism within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2003, 05:49 PM   #57
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting rules for better realism

i think Tennessee and Ky should swap regions with Bama and mississippi. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:52 PM   #58
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

oops u have already changed it. I think Tennessee and Alabama should switch
Old 08-03-2003, 07:09 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try recruiting for The Citadel! We lowly bulldogs can't muster ny talent. It might have something to do with me sticking them in the SEC West
Old 08-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah thanks for the awesome work
Old 08-03-2003, 07:29 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 11

Okay, after playing several different dynasties and recruiting 5+ seasons for each, a good rule for scheduling is to keep your schedule within 1* of your team rating. The game really keys off wins. You can be a 4* program, have a 1* schedule, and still go up in prestige. You also wind up with way, way too many recruiting points with all those wins. Keeping your schedule within 1* of your prestige level makes it much more fair.

If you want to try the worst team in the game, insert Norfolk State into the game from the 1-AA teams. They're the worst team in the game, ratings-wise, they have great uniforms, and a very good stadium. Plus they have 25 (!) seniors graduating in the first year. It's a real challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2003, 08:28 PM   #62
Pro

mickj's Arena

OVR: 5

You want tough, try being navy. They have 20+ seniors, 15+ juniors, 5 Sophs and *O* Freshmen. It would be a recruiting nightmare for the first couple seasons if you didn't perform well during the season.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:13 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok, after reading all of this and getting the acrobat file, I figured I would try this out. So I finished my first season and went into recruiting. I used the rules and I liked what I had to do with them. I ended up with like the number 20 class as Purdue, which was above their last year class but lower than the 2001. Not sure when I'll finish this next season. Probably not for another couple weeks, since I'll be gone for this weekend, which is when I usually get most all the games in. But I'll stick with the rules as they seem to work very well. Good Job Mike!
Old 08-04-2003, 12:30 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 9

great job Mike. These are excellent rules. I will be using them from now on in my Texas dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »