Home

How can we make recruiting more fun or better?

This is a discussion on How can we make recruiting more fun or better? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How can we make recruiting more fun or better?

Recruiting is tough, especially playing with a bad team and with recruiting on heisman. I love it though, I don't like getting all the 5 stars with Army like it was in the past. It makes it seem as if you actually earned signing recruits this year. Even with Florida now, recruiting is no breeze.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

They could make it so you can recruit Juniors in high school. That would make it more interesting.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I think people are missing the OP's point; he's not saying recruiting isn't fun because it's harder, he's saying it isn't fun because it's still a time consuming grind. Some people like the new recruiting, some people don't, but the people who dislike it have nothing against it being difficult since you can set it to freshman and still pull 5* recruits.

I think what would help recruiting for those who don't want to grind and just play would be the dreaded C-word; carousel... as in coaching carousel. If they added the feature it could (and should) have a coaching rating for recruiting. That way if you're a hands off recruiter, you hire a Nick Saban type coach and let the CPU do the rest. Meanwhile, people who enjoy recruiting could still do it regardless who the coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 20

I don't have any ideas as to how it could be funner, but I'll definitely say that when I get on one of those rolls where I'm primed to play three or four games in a row, having to recruit three or four times in the midst of it is a pretty big drag, imo.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #13
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I wish there was an option to just have offseason recruiting, I hate having to do in-season recruiting. I just want to play my next game. I've tried letting the cpu recruit for me and I haven't liked the results.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm one that loves recruiting. It's the reason I play NCAA over Madden. The only time I spend more then 10 minutes is at the start of the year when I set my board up. I spend about 5 minutes each week recruiting. I'm not a fan of the "roll the dice" style but do like what they have added.
I wonder if those not having "fun" are maxing out their boards and trying to recruit all those players? I could see where that would get old. If you are try reducing that number of targets to 15-20 players.
The one thing I wish they would add is a National Signing Day and not have the recruits sign until then. You could sway recruits right up to the end. That would give it a more true to life fell.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #15
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

The guys in here that keep saying that they don't want to do recruiting but they want the CPU to do it better crack me up.

If you don't take the time to do the recruiting yourself do you really expect to get the top prospects/needs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
I don't have any ideas as to how it could be funner, but I'll definitely say that when I get on one of those rolls where I'm primed to play three or four games in a row, having to recruit three or four times in the midst of it is a pretty big drag, imo.
same here, I kinda dread it. I wish we had an old school option to just do it all at the end of the year like it used to be on PS2. That way I got to actually know the players I was looking at.

Right now, I call a guy, play a game or two, and go back to the board, I've forgotten the names already.

I just dont like it, am tempted to let the CPU take over and just take my chances

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »