Home

Best job offer?

This is a discussion on Best job offer? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Best job offer?

I had a strong 2nd season with a low prestige created team, landing in a bowl game, and I got offered a Tennesee job and anodther job but I forget who the second team was. I also got offered an extension but turned all three down.

I'm wondering -- if you take an extension, like the 6 year extension, can you get contract offers from other schools in those 6 years or do no schools offer you anything? I wouldn't MIND taking an extension but I don't want to be locked to this team for 6 years... I'd like to control them for maybe 2 or 3 then launch off to a major team when I build them up to be contenders.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Rookie

Master&Commander's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm doing pretty well with Nevada right now, hoping that I get an offer from Oregon or a Pac-10 school at the end of the season.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Banned

Indian Joe's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
I had a strong 2nd season with a low prestige created team, landing in a bowl game, and I got offered a Tennesee job and anodther job but I forget who the second team was. I also got offered an extension but turned all three down.

I'm wondering -- if you take an extension, like the 6 year extension, can you get contract offers from other schools in those 6 years or do no schools offer you anything? I wouldn't MIND taking an extension but I don't want to be locked to this team for 6 years... I'd like to control them for maybe 2 or 3 then launch off to a major team when I build them up to be contenders.

I second this question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes. Even after signing an extension you'll still get offers
Old 08-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #13
Rookie

henrynick66's Arena

OVR: 2

Started off with Memphis and after 3 years got an offer from Iowa.

Overall goal is to try getting an offer from Notre Dame or LSU.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

You can get offers after an extension. I would alwas recommed accepting them, because if you let your contract run out, you can only stay with your school or go to one ranked below whereyou finish with your current team. If you are under contract you will get offers from other schools.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master&Commander
Hey, it was worth a shot to ask!
You bumped your own thread, plus you did it in ~1 hour. You also won the BCS with Nevada ... you might want to read the forum rules.

I've only played 1 year at a small school, so no offers yet. I'm not expecting a BCS team to offer me unless it is a perennial bottom feeder school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

With my created VCU team, I won Conference-USA's championship and beat Tennessee twice. I beat them @ their place during the regular season and at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis (finished 11-3). Guess who gave me an offer? Tennessee!! I also checked to see who else would offer and got three other schools to bite (UCLA, OK St, and AZ St). By the way, which offer would you take out of those four? I'm thinking UCLA or TENN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »