Home

What's with the super-quick DT's?

This is a discussion on What's with the super-quick DT's? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
What's with the super-quick DT's?

Usually I'm not one to gripe about a game...but something I've noticed in my dynasty is that when there's pretty evenly-matched teams or your team is the lesser talented, every single run play, both DT's just absolutely bust down the guards. I'm talking super-human acceleration and both guards laying on their butt within a half second of the snap. It's made it to where I can't run anything but tosses when I'm playing against these teams.

Now, I understand that if I were to use Eastern Michigan against Alabama, this should probably happen, but even then it wouldn't happen to the extent that it does and not on every single run play between the tackles.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I don't really want to turn down block shedding/run blocking because in my other games the running is perfect, it's just a select few games where it happens. It's been happening the most with my created team who is a C overall...the guards are rated about 76 and 73 OVR (with a 78 OC), and Mississippi State's DT's and SMU's DT's were just blowing them up on *every* run play inside. The best I could hope for was for my RB to fall forward and only have a loss of two...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: What's with the super-quick DT's?

my question would be are you playing on Heisman and the ratings of the guards and center vs the DTs
most likely it's Heisman as they say cheating you like they always do lol
Old 08-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

What difficulty level and how is your human run blocking slider set?

You might try hard counting before the snap to make sure they aren't getting a jump on the play. Also, this is extremely annoying, but don't sprint ever until you've hit the hole (and if you have auto-sprint on, you might need to turn it off). This has been in NCAA and Madden's logic since the PS2 days at least - if you lay on the sprint, the AI will make the defenders start shedding blocks and pursuing you with zeal. Don't touch that button until your blockers have had time to set up, and ideally not until you're through the hole or past the LOS. If you touch it before then and your offensive line is not that great... god help you.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

I just want to say first I'm not one for bashing every last thing in these video games.. But man, I've been noticing this for the longest time as well. I'm using Arkansas this year in my Dynasty, my offensive line is decent, nothing special. I can hold my own against teams like Mississippi State, but when I'm facing teams like you said, close to, or at the same overall team ranking my RB's get blown up in the backfield. You would think against Georgia's 3-4 front that I would be able to get some wiggle room up the middle, nothing.

I'm not sure if this is done as a compensation for something, or what. I feel like this issue has been long in EA's games.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

On All AMerican I haven't seen this. My O-Line owns the defensive line most times. Since the patch, CPU defense against the run has been better... but I could still gain 200+ yards a game probably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

This is on All-American, using a previous version of SN's All-American sliders. So the AI Run Defense is 85, Human Run Blocking at 25.

dale, I understand all of what you're saying...my issue is that this is a really exaggerated jump. I'm talking the DT's are basically taking the handoff...and it happens with every single run play up the middle. The only plays where I can avoid it is tosses or the occassional stretch play, and even then I usually get ran down from behind by the same DT's.

I'm gonna play some games tonight and I'll try and get video of it to show what I'm talking about. It's even worse in goal-line sets when they have 5 DL all in my backfield at the same time before the RB even has the ball.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
This is on All-American, using a previous version of SN's All-American sliders. So the AI Run Defense is 85, Human Run Blocking at 25.
I would ease those off. You can play with them to see what works for you, but my experience (and I started with SN's sliders as well) is that after the patch they really don't need to be that radical. Inside running was never that overpowered - it was outside tosses, sweeps and options that were tearing the CPU up, and I was under the impression that that was the reason for his sliders to be like that. Mine are currently at like 65 and 40 I think, though I'll have to check that to verify, and I have a pretty solid running team too. I don't usually have crazy running games unless I'm playing a real cupcake.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
I would ease those off. You can play with them to see what works for you, but my experience (and I started with SN's sliders as well) is that after the patch they really don't need to be that radical. Inside running was never that overpowered - it was outside tosses, sweeps and options that were tearing the CPU up, and I was under the impression that that was the reason for his sliders to be like that. Mine are currently at like 65 and 40 I think, though I'll have to check that to verify, and I have a pretty solid running team too. I don't usually have crazy running games unless I'm playing a real cupcake.
I guess that's what I'll have to try. It's tough because in my dynasty I'm using 3 teams...one flexbone team, one spread option team, and one plain spread team, so it's tough to find sliders that work for all types of games. But I guess I'll see what I can do...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »