Home

Recruiting - Drop to 10th for All Recruits w/ Scholarships Remaining

This is a discussion on Recruiting - Drop to 10th for All Recruits w/ Scholarships Remaining within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting - Drop to 10th for All Recruits w/ Scholarships Remaining

I searched for any reference to this the bug threads, but I wanted to see if there is perhaps a piece of game logic that I am not aware of before reporting this as a glitch.

The situation: Week 5, Season 3 of my Offline Dynasty. I had signed a large number of recruits in week 4 (I had 6-7 guys visiting for a big win over the #2 team in all the land), and proceeded to talk to the next 8 guys on my list. Most had me ranked in the 3-6 range, and I got the x2 advisor bonus on two of them (the other one was one of the 7 commits, an instant-commit). I finished talking to them, thinking that I might be up to number 1 (offered scholarships to most and made promises to some) on a few of them, played my Week 5 game, and simmed to week 6.

Once I went to the recruiting screen, I was listed as being in 10th place for every single recruit remaining unsigned on my list. I have 7 scholarships remaining. The only time I have seen this happen is during offseason recruiting after I have used all 25 scholarships. Has anyone else seen this happen midseason, with scholarships remaining? Did I trip some sort of playing time/roster crunch logic by signing so many guys the previous week? I think this may be a bug, but I want to double-check before reporting it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Recruiting - Drop to 10th for All Recruits w/ Scholarships Remaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron
I searched for any reference to this the bug threads, but I wanted to see if there is perhaps a piece of game logic that I am not aware of before reporting this as a glitch.

The situation: Week 5, Season 3 of my Offline Dynasty. I had signed a large number of recruits in week 4 (I had 6-7 guys visiting for a big win over the #2 team in all the land), and proceeded to talk to the next 8 guys on my list. Most had me ranked in the 3-6 range, and I got the x2 advisor bonus on two of them (the other one was one of the 7 commits, an instant-commit). I finished talking to them, thinking that I might be up to number 1 (offered scholarships to most and made promises to some) on a few of them, played my Week 5 game, and simmed to week 6.

Once I went to the recruiting screen, I was listed as being in 10th place for every single recruit remaining unsigned on my list. I have 7 scholarships remaining. The only time I have seen this happen is during offseason recruiting after I have used all 25 scholarships. Has anyone else seen this happen midseason, with scholarships remaining? Did I trip some sort of playing time/roster crunch logic by signing so many guys the previous week? I think this may be a bug, but I want to double-check before reporting it.
I think you reached a limit by signing too many guys during the season, without losing just as many players. So naturally the game keeps you from over-recruiting.

That same thing happened to me in NCAA 10 during a few of my Offline Dynasty's.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron

I haven't seen it with every single recruit, but last season I noticed after a call it listed a 0 for total score and when I checked the total, I was 10th. I assumed it was because I signed 3 CBs already and he didn't want to be the 4th. Wish I had known it before I wasted a phone call.

Sounds like you may have stumbled across a bug if it happened to all of your recruits.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rowe Zay
I think you reached a limit by signing too many guys during the season, without losing just as many players. So naturally the game keeps you from over-recruiting.

That same thing happened to me in NCAA 10 during a few of my Offline Dynasty's.
I think you have it nailed here. I had no positional needs, so I went through my usual shopping list procedure...but I just noticed that I only have 5 graduating seniors (I obsess over recruiting, and Auburn has an absolute garbage roster out of the box after year 2, so new guys are better than the JRs and SRs almost instantly), so I'm guessing that is what has happened. It happened with all of the recruits because I have pretty good depth (in numbers) at every position that I am recruiting for, I suppose I would have been fine if I had been recruiting a Punter.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

you get 24 regardless every year then you have to cut players in the offseason. i think its a bug you found not the game trimming your recruiting i have never seen this other then when my board gets filled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
Banned

this happened to me in an online dynasty. i had 5 schollys left and went into week 13 with 6 players on my board all number 1.

i recruited and spent my time. the next week i was 10th on every recruit and behind 1000 points. this happened after being up at least 200 on each and number one on their list. its a bug.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

This also happened to me... twice. Two years in a row, it happened in the offseason when I signed my 24th prospect. I dropped to number 10 on everyone else's list, when I still had one scholarship remaining.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had an instant commit from a 5 star guard, a position that I really needed. Went on and called a few more guys and then my girlfriends cat stepped on my PS3 and hit the eject button. When I reloaded I lost my time that I spent and the guard was no longer committed. I would rather have a glitch than that damn cat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »