Home

A Discussion: Cheese, Cheesy, and Cheesing

This is a discussion on A Discussion: Cheese, Cheesy, and Cheesing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
A Discussion: Cheese, Cheesy, and Cheesing

I've never seen these words written so often in my life! It reminds me of that South Park episode when the kids get high off cat urine ... Haha, but ANYWAY, I think I get the gist of it. To "cheese" is to play the game in a cheap, manipulative way ... or not the way it was intended. Is this correct?

If not, how would you define "cheesing"? What are your best examples? How can we avoid being "cheesers"? It seems as though many people have their own rules when it comes to this subject.

Let's help rid the NCAA '11 world of cheese!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: A Discussion: Cheese, Cheesy, and Cheesing

Dont play against people you dont know
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

cheesing is what you said above inclusive of running the same 5 plays continually all game
cheese is exploitation of the game that is not severe enough to be called cheating or glitching but still ruins the point of the game to feel football strategy is number one

my examples of cheese would be deep dropbacks with the QB that are unneccessary when the pressure isn't even close yet, running the same exact power option play to death, using the same man blitz every play, using the "truth" blitz when it's intended for QB which you turn into a blitz because the AI doesn't pick you up as a blitzer, nano blitzing people silly because again you know slide protect can't help because the nano is that well designed

different things you just don't recognize as football at all that is used in the video game is cheese play, cheating, and glitching

there are ways to avoid being cheesers ourselves and avoid playing those who abuse and divert from the intent of the game

for ourselves we need to mix the playcalling up, never use a play more than 3 times in a row, always understand when we're beating our opponent vs exploiting the AI in ways it cannot defend itself, and again play with people you either test out first, ask questions to first, or are friends with

no sure way to avoid cheese players as even your friends may wind up being one but the more you investigate as possible through questioning beforehand the person you're going to play to see if they are a cheeser the better chance you have of finding out beforehand PLUS most cheesers are impatient because they're ready to abuse someone with their garbage so that should be another sign when you're asking them a few questions about their playing style and whether or not they glitch, cheat, or cheese

so again no full proof way to avoid cheesers but if you bother them enough they'll reveal themselves and sometimes will even change their ways as they did not see the error of the ways and you can help them play the game using all the plays in their playbook to get a better more full experience playing the game
Old 08-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2

cheesers are basically anyone who's primary skillset involves exploiting glitches or deficiencies that allow them to succeed without having any football knowledge. they usually have three to four plays they run that all are aimed at achieving this. they take the high road and the low road is not an option. they are extremely annoying and i myself am not impressed with any cheeser. no matter how many points they get. they are an embarassment to the community and i cant for the life of me fathom how someone with that much of a lack of football knowledge goes out and buys a football game.

but on the bright side, cheesers in my experience are the most one dimensional players that i love to shut down and make them quit. i know they dont use mics but i can just imagine all the crying and objects broken on the other end. lol its highly satisfying to shut down cheesers and make them quit.

btw, the ratio of cheesers to straight players in quick matches is 10/1. and im not bs'ing.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

If a player does these things they are only hurting themselves.

Blitz every down? You would get torched with short routes.
Onside kick every time and I get great field position.
Don’t punt…I get great field position.
Run the same play – go ahead it will take but a few to key in on it.
Run the same play on D over and over – you will get torched.

I do not consider them Cheesers. I consider them stupid. They are still playing football just playing poorly.

A Cheeser to me uses the money plays or glitches everyone knows can’t be stopped. Or in order to stop them you have to play something other than football like playing punt return defense on second down to stop a glitch plays.

You have to do things the manipulate the game mechanics or break the game.

It should not be about just not liking the way someone plays. If someone never punts then they are stupid and should never win. If you don’t like it that’s one thing but it is not cheap. The Pats did it in their own territory and lost to the Colts. It is done in real life but it could be really stupid to do.

But I agree with only playing people you know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Esquire

Blitz every down? You would get torched with short routes.
Onside kick every time and I get great field position.
Don’t punt…I get great field position.
Run the same play – go ahead it will take but a few to key in on it.
Run the same play on D over and over – you will get torched.

I do not consider them Cheesers. I consider them stupid. They are still playing football just playing poorly.

A Cheeser to me uses the money plays or glitches everyone knows can’t be stopped. Or in order to stop them you have to play something other than football like playing punt return defense on second down to stop a glitch plays.

It should not be about just not liking the way someone plays. If someone never punts then they are stupid and should never win. If you don’t like it that’s one thing but it is not cheap. The Pats did it in their own territory and lost to the Colts. It is done in real life but it could be really stupid to do.

But I agree with only playing people you know.
your opponent going for it on 4th down deep inside their own territory is a good indication that its all or nothing. even in the first quarter. and by nothing i mean them quitting on you.

i noticed that if someone quits on you in the first half, the only thing that registers from the game is a dnf% for the person that quit. you actually have to get to the second half to get the win and the other recieve the loss if someone quits. this needs to be changed.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Esquire

I agree whole-heartedly. Cheese is taking advantage of problems in the game, period. Playing non-sim in ways that can be easily defended against isn't cheesing, though it's indicative of a really weak and annoying player. If someone runs the same three plays all game, or blitzes (regular, not nano) every down, or never punts, or drops back super far and runs around a while before throwing - it's on you to figure out how to stop it. These things are all stoppable. They're only cheese when they're almost impossible to stop.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

Anything that doesn't exemplify real life football knowledge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »