Home

Extensive Research on Depth Chart Issue .. Keep Positive & We can Fix it ..

This is a discussion on Extensive Research on Depth Chart Issue .. Keep Positive & We can Fix it .. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Extensive Research on Depth Chart Issue .. Keep Positive & We can Fix it ..

I understand the concern over CPU depth charts, but human depth charts need to be changed drastically. It's college football, where many teams line up in 5-Wide, yet you are only allowed S-I-X positions for depth at WR.

Which means, one guy gets hurt and another gets tired, you now have a CB playing WR. When many teams have 8, 9 or 10 WR's, why can't we have a depth chart that goes to 10?

Old 08-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #18
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I understand the concern over CPU depth charts, but human depth charts need to be changed drastically. It's college football, where many teams line up in 5-Wide, yet you are only allowed S-I-X positions for depth at WR.

Which means, one guy gets hurt and another gets tired, you now have a CB playing WR. When many teams have 8, 9 or 10 WR's, why can't we have a depth chart that goes to 10?
Very few teams actually put 5 WR on the field at the same time, especially in the NFL.
I'd even say it never happens in the NFL because most teams don't even have 5 active WRs each week. When teams go Empty there is always a RB and/or TE split wide.

College has more versatility, but I still don't think most teams put 5 actual WRs on the field all that often. I think the common misconception is that "5 Wide" always means 5 WRs.

Last edited by Palo20; 08-21-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

True. Also alot of times in college those type of plays have a TE or RB out there somewhere. You could ge to your formation sub and put in your 2nd string RB or another TE...to help the depth chart issue with a CB out there.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

After the DP fixes, this game is playing great. Now when subs come in they are the correct position for the CPU, it makes games better in the 4th quarter.

I recommend the DP fix for any serious Dynasty players.. This is what the game is all about... BAM

Old 08-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #21
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

just because its not always 5 wide doesn't mean the player should not be able to determine who he or she wants out there as those 5. i know for sure that don't want my db's out there playing wr and getting tired and hurt all the while dropping passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #22
Rookie

After reading about the new patch, Im getting a feeling bad feeling there no fix for the DP problem. It appears EA couldn't fix it or just doesn't have the time but its pretty disappointing. Well Im just glad theirs still the hard way to fix it, I'm really hoping they fix it for NCAA 2012.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #23
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmitty34
After reading about the new patch, Im getting a feeling bad feeling there no fix for the DP problem. It appears EA couldn't fix it or just doesn't have the time but its pretty disappointing. Well Im just glad theirs still the hard way to fix it, I'm really hoping they fix it for NCAA 2012.
Where did you find any info on the patch? I haven't seen anything except speculation.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Where did you find any info on the patch? I haven't seen anything except speculation.
Hmmmm...... are you sure, look alitte harder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »