Home

The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #49
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

In my Navy dynasty, I was down 28-7 at halftime to Maryland, and I scored 28 unanswered points to win. Talk about a weird game.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:19 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I started up a Miami dynasty last night. I don't know, I just have a secret crush on Miami I guess. I've had at least 1 Miami dynasty in every NCAA game dating back like 5 years. lol.

Anyway, one of the most fun games I have ever played. #13 Miami @ #2 Ohio St. I'll just cut to the chase. I was down 21-7 at one point and 21-10 at halftime. After halftime, I force them to a punt. Get the ball and decided to start running down their throats and my god did it work. Ended up scoring a TD to pull within 4 at 21-17. Well, needless to say my defense let me down. Pryor threw a 79 yard TD pass on the very next drive. 28-17.

Here's where I make it happen. 4th quarter time. I stick with my gameplan and run run run. Few passes mixed in, but mostly runs. Got a TD with about 7 minutes to go in the 4th. Decided to go for a 2 pt. conversion and made it! 25-28. OSU gets the ball and they start driving. I'm literally sitting there talking to my TV as they're doing this, begging for a play, a stop, anything. Fortunately, a couple dumb penalties that backed them up and nice run stuff by my DT forced them to punt.

I get the ball back with 4 minutes or so left, once again, run run run. I'm literally destroying their O-line. Their was one particular play where I called a toss to the left, brought my WR over to the left side to block the open corner, and it worked perfectly. About a 30 yard run. Well, I get down to about OSU's 30 yard line. 2nd and 8. I run to the left and I have a huge hole, run straight through and then.. it happened. I fumbled the ball and OSU recovers.

I still have 3 TO's so I knew it wasn't over, but I didn't trust my D very much. At this point I'm basically on edge, almost as if I was watching a real game with my favorite team in it. I stop them for 2 yards on 1st down. Stop them for 1 yard on 2nd(couldn't believe it after their success with the run all game). 3rd and 7 and they decide to pass. I'm playing as the RE.. play starts and I basically just throw the tackle out of the way and run straight for Pryor. I force him to throw a bad pass and my CB jumps in front of the WR and picks it off!!

My ball with under 2 minutes to play and down 3 deep into OSU territory. I run on first down, play action on 2nd and complete a 15 yard pass over the middle. At this point I'm inside the 10 and I decide to let the clock run down a bit. I ran it 3 times straight up the middle and got the TD. PAT good. 32-28 Miami with 30 seconds left. They actually made a decent effort to win the game with limited time remaining. Got all the way down inside the 20 before I picked Pryor off for the 2nd time and a game sealing INT.

All I have to say is.. What. A. Game. So much fun and I'm happy I won. I don't remember the last time I talked to my TV and fist pumped and got up from my chair so many times in 1 game. Haha
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can top just about everything here. This was actually a game from NCAA 09 or NCAA 10 0 so I may lost a little credit, but whatever, here it is. All times are estimates, just an FYI.

Playing online, I was WVU against Ohio State (I forget the guy's gamertag). Because I was WVU, with Pat White and Noel Divine, I switched the playbook to a Triple Option so that I could pound the ball. That was a great strategy and my team combined for over 500 yards on the ground between 4 ballcarriers. Unfortunately, my defense didn't show up and we gave up big plays just about every time out.

Every now and then, I'd catch his defense sleeping with a PA Pass (you know, back when Play Action worked >.>) and hit one of my receivers deep up the sideline.

I was down 38-45 with 1:39 to go. I drove down the field with my running attack and scored to tie it at 45 with about a minute left (in other words, way too much time). I kicked the ball off and he returned it to the 25 with 00:53 remaining. He got a couple of huge plays out of his offense and set up for a field goal from his left hash (right footed kicker). In my brilliance, I accidently called a punt return left, absolutely no hope to block the field goal, and I had no timeouts so I couldn't ice him and couldn't change to a FG block. I was thinking "whatever, I tried".

Anyone that has played online has experienced the little hitch/lag with the kick meter. So the guy lines up for the kick, fills his meter, and misses the target zone. He leaves the ball short up the goalpost by 4 yards. with Noel Divine back to return, he catches the ball just a mere 106 yards from paydirt. I kinda froze for a second like "did that really happen?". After pinching myself, I accepted that it was reality and I needed to haul ***. I got myself going right to catch the coverage team in their flow. At this point, I was just happy to have a chance at Overtime. Then, a WVU D-Lineman and a Linebacker cut across the field in the opposite direction. I turned to follow their blocks. They hit the up-man...the hit the CB playing gunner, leaving me alone to beat the punter. I DID IT! 106 yard missed FG return TD to WIN THE GAME! The greatness score was, no joke, like 4600 (that may have just been the greatness score for that one particular play...not sure).

If I can get pictures/video, I will upload them.
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #52
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

^^ nice win, but got us all beat? Thats debatable

Old 09-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #53
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I think mm's game still takes the cake.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #54
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

haha...I don't like to toot my own horn, but that game was ****ing ep!c. I am still waiting on a game in my NCAA 11 career that comes close to topping that. I have had a few great games, but still nothing tops the turn of events in that game. The interception into a safety, the pass that came up short but was reviewed and turned into a td, then the 2 point conversion, and the almighty draw play on 4th and 10 to win the game!! Ahh I want another game like this!

This thread along with the offline dynasty thread needs to be stickied!

Old 10-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 13

Sorry this is so long but there is a cool twist at the end that makes it worth the read.

Over the weekend, all I did was WATCH a game and I was rivited.

Texas v Alabama.

Texas was being controlled by my son against CPU Alababama.

Ill skip to the good part, tied 21-21 in OT my son kicked a FG. After giving up a seven yard run on first down, he got back to back sacks to force a 47 yard FG from Bama. He called a TO to ice the kicker and then Texas kicked the ball (I love the slow mo they do on the clutch kicks, its not realistic but it definently builds the drama), the ball HITS the crossbar AND...falls just over for 3 points.

I was so into it at this point. The teams traded TD's in the next OT and then my son scored on the first play of the 3rd OT but missed the two point try. So now it's Alabama's ball and if they score and get the two they win. The first play, QB throws a comback in the flat and my boy gets a user pick for the win.

This was one of the best games of football I have EVER seen, on any console EVER!

Now for the best part...my son is 4 years old. Dont worry, the game isnt too easy, he was only playing on Varsity with default everything. He only runs about 5-10 plays so we'll just say that the playbook has been simplified for him (in lieu of calling my boy a 'chesser' lol). Still he made some pretty impressive throws and catches and made alot of user plays on defense. He was not using one button mode so I have to give him that.

I only came into the gameroom to help him set up the game. I had no intention of staying but I got hooked as his **** battle unfolded. I only helped him with a few things. I reminded him he needs to run the ball occasionally. I told him to call a timout before Bama kicked the FG that went off the crossbar and in. I also had to explain the OT rules to him so that he would understand why he needed to kick a FG in OT instead of going for a TD if it got to 4th down. That's it, all the playcalling and gameplay was his.

The boy loves his "College Football 11" as he calls it. Ive hardly touched the game but he wears it out on the weekends when hes allowed to play video games.

Last edited by jestep123; 10-25-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 6

Not the best game i've ever played... but the ending left me feeling good.

Ok, so i was playing as Miami, and i was playing Ohio State. I was up 31-24 with about 3 minutes left. Now, as a Michigan fan, i relish the chance to beat the Suckeyes when i can. They had just scored a FG to make it 31-27. I then lined up in my Onside Kick formation, only to have them kickoff normally. I didn't think this would be such a big deal at first. Then, i went 3 and out. There was 1 minute left, and i was thinking "they're gonna score, i know it". I was crediting the decision to kick the normal kickoff. Until i punted the ball. The Ohio State Punt Returner MUFFED the ball, and i returned the fumble for a TD. Game over, Miami 38, Ohio State, 27.

I FEEL GOOD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »