Home

EA is very quiet....starting to worry.

This is a discussion on EA is very quiet....starting to worry. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 7
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ depending on the season.
Re: EA is very quiet....starting to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefire
I'm not here to bash either. I haven't experienced the CPU doing that field goal wise. However, I do get somewhat annoyed on MY PLAYCALL screen when it's 4th down and it's obvious I need to punt, but the first play that is chosen for me is like a 93 yrd field goal. That actually happened to me last game. The default play call was a 93 yrd field goal.

Seriously? Now.....honestly that was in the game last year too and it's not a game killer (having to select another play from default because default is ridiculous)

I know and even agree that EA is aware and that they are not stupid. On the other hand when you can fire up a "play now" game against the CPU and it's 4th down and first default play that comes up for the user is a 90+ yrd field goal......I'm sorry, that's inexcusable. Especially considering this year what??? 10+ I know for sure.

Anwyay, there's nothing we can do. Every year it gets better in some ways and more ridiculous in others. One thing is for sure, there is a serious lack of attention to detail over at EA bordering on just

This year, they have managed to break online play AND offline dynasty.
The two most major parts of the game are just flat broke.
What's on the table for next year? Just gonna ship out a blank disk? In some ways THAT would be better than this. At least you'd know right away you wouldn't have to waste any of your time. I do feel somewhat better now at least that a 3rd patch is coming. They have no choice. Like I said, with what we have now, both online and offline are broken to the point that it's not playable.

How they could manage to screw up both 'modes' of play is just baffling...only EA could continue to top their own failures. Now I'm getting hot so I'm going to stop. Sorry.

Will certainly give credit where it is due. The locomotion is mega sweet. The animations are fresh and not only are they fresh but it doesn't feel like you are "trapped" once the animations start either. The helmets getting scuffed are nice. REALLY NICE. Facing hurry up offenses is fresh. I have noticed a pretty big increase in the 'fatigue' factor as well. I don't know if the sliders work for substitutions cause I haven't messed with them but I do notice the fatigue a lot more this year.

I dunno, seems soooooo close to being perfect....and yet so far away too.
Frustrating but at least they are consistant. The same problems year after year after year after year is getting old though. As someone else mentioned, if someone could provide a link to EA's "tweets" that would be great. I'll shut up now. Promise. Thanks for reading.
You sound like a troll.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 7
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ depending on the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
The CPU will always set the depth chart based on the next best available OVR with no regard to position. So you'll end up with good 2nd stringers playing all over the place. LBs at TE or DT, OL at FB or TE, TE at WR or QB. When you actually start looking at the depth charts for some of the CPU controlled teams, especially the lower tier teams, you'll see some really crazy stuff. Some believe (me included) that this contributes to poorer progression and weird recruiting.
It doesn't though. Progression and recruiting are based off of the player's assigned position, not the positions they are playing on the depth chart.

What would make it better though is if the CPU would move player's positions around sometimes between seasons. It happens all the time in real life, with younger players.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #35
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I hope to **** that they fix the random *** lag in offline games. Every game, atleast 2 times per half, I will be running the ball or about to pass and BOOm, the game freezes for like 3 to 5 seconds, but then goes right back to playing normally. This is a game changer, it has made a difference in missing/making a field goal, completion of a pass, etc. Fix this, among the other glitches, and EA...we have the greatest football game ever...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upallnight
That sounds like an issue with your system...
It's not an issue with the system. A lot of people are reporting this. Patch #2 even said it "Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups" so the issue is there and just hasn't been dealt with completely.

mm boost, put a reply in the Official Glitches/Bugs Thread to help ensure this gets fixed.

And I agree, this game would be phenomenal if they managed to get all these bugs and glitches worked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #36
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scur2D2
The "Depth Chart glitch" is blown way out of proportion. It is not as big a problem as some would believe and it only marginally affects low tiered schools that have trouble commiting players for every position. There was research done on one of these threads with proof.
Same with the CPU attemping unreasonable FGs...who cares!? Either u call a FG return technically making it a punt or take the turnover on downs.. There are more pressing issues EA needs to focus on.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyphan1990
You sound like a troll.
Sorry for pointing out the obvious.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i really look at the dept chart thing as an issue. we do it all the time we move a de to linebacker and his rating goes up we look at it as a bonus. thats all the cpu is doing a guy who has a good rating at a different position. he will be valuable. IRL you see safeties to runningbacks , runningbacks to lb and so forth i really don't think its that big of a deal IMO

I agree. One of the things I've always enjoiyed between seasons is finding players who can change positions and make the team stronger overall. I consider the depth chart thing as an upgrade from last year - not a glitch.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #39
Rookie

henrynick66's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSforVols
I agree. One of the things I've always enjoiyed between seasons is finding players who can change positions and make the team stronger overall. I consider the depth chart thing as an upgrade from last year - not a glitch.
Actually, the depth chart glitch has been an issue for the past few years.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #40
Rookie

MoldyDragon's Arena

OVR: 1

The pump fake glitch is the worst. I mean how did that slip by???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »