Home

My Approach to Gameplanning, Player Use, Playcall, Scheme

This is a discussion on My Approach to Gameplanning, Player Use, Playcall, Scheme within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
My Approach to Gameplanning, Player Use, Playcall, Scheme

I've come up with my own way to Gameplan on NCAA along with the players to use, playcall method to use and way to call plays to create a scheme to mix it up. This scheme is not a list of plays but rather a way of thinking of your plays to have them always setting each other up to make plays more effective and have more logic instead of calling plays randomly based on what I feel fits the situation best. It is not a bad approach but having plays setup is a better approach along with anticipating the best thing for the situation along with setting plays up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
Banned

Re: My Approach to Gameplanning, Player Use, Playcall, Scheme

Gameplanning- 1st Qtr- Able to be used for the entire game if wanted
Defense
Big Hits-Aggressive
Strip Ball-Conservative
Zone Defense-Balanced
Defensive Line-Aggressive
Pass Defense-Conservative
Option Defense-Balanced
QB Contain-Aggressive

Offense
Get Open-Balanced
Holding Blocks-Aggressive
Impact Blocks-Aggressive
Catching-Conservative
Big Run-Conservative
Tempo-Balanced

2nd Qtr-Globally Conservative then Globally Balanced except top setting made conservative then next play make top setting balanced then next setting conservative
and so on until bottom setting conservative then afterwards start all over again globally conservative

3rd Qtr-Globally Balanced then Globally Conservative except top 2 settings made balanced and then next 2 balanced making former top 2 conservative with the rest
and then next 2 or next 3 for defense made balanced with above two made conservative
then make Globally Aggressive with top 2 balanced and follow above pattern making next 2 balanced and the former 2 aggressive with the rest except don't do last 3 together on defense
instead do 2 then the last one by itself and afterwards repeat with Globally Balanced
(Defense has extra one to make balanced giving extra time to be Aggressive on Defense to match 7 settings in defensive gameplan)

4th Qtr-Globally Aggressive then Globally Balanced except top setting made aggressive-same as 2nd Qtr except changing them to be aggressive
Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Banned

Player Use
1st Qtr-
Defense-Strong Safety, Free Safety, and Defensive Tackles
Offense-Fullback, Center, Offensive Guards

2nd Qtr-
Defense-Outside Linebackers, Cornerback #2
Offense-Tight End, Offensive Tackles

3rd Qtr-
Defense-Cornerback #1, Left Defensive End (over the Right Offensive Tackle)
Offense-Wide Receiver #2, Wide Receiver #1

4th Qtr-
Defense-Right Defensive End, Middle Linebacker
Offense-Quarterback, Halfback

I generally control the defensive players listed during the quarters listed but as for the offensive players especially if it was Madden I look to use them through either hot routing the WRs, switching the run for the HB, hot routing to block the FB or TE or motioning the players listed or slide protect for the OL
for the OTs I slide protect to either side left or right and for the OGs and C I slide protect up or down or reset

for NCAA you can also take control of the player and user them instead of always being the ball carrier all the time which I use every now and then
Old 08-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Banned

Playcall
1st Qtr-Ask Madden or Corso (this relieves thinking in the 1st and allows you to just execute)
2nd Qtr-Type
3rd Qtr-Form, Player on Offense in Madden, Recent in Madden
4th Qtr-Form

this is the basic playcall method I use but of course you can always just use formation all game
Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
Banned

Scheme (my favorite part and I believe will be the most helpful to you as far as expanding your thought process as far as playcalling and setting up plays is concerned)

This list contains 10 different methods for both defense and offense as far as the type of play and transitioning to another play or using that play to setup the next play because of the difference or similarity of the plays.

Defense
1.Man Coverage to Zone Coverage
2.Zone Coverage to Man Coverage
3.Blitz to No Blitz
4.No Blitz to Blitz
5.Repeat Same Play (because effective/worked very well)
6.Same type of play disguised in a different formation Example: Man Blitz in a 3-4 to a Man Blitz in the Nickel
7.Man Blitz to Zone Blitz
8.Zone Blitz to Man Blitz
9.Man Coverage to a different type of Man Coverage or Zone Coverage to a different kind of Zone Coverage Examples:Man Coverage to Man Zone or Cover 2 to Cover 3
10.Man Blitz to a different kind of Man Blitz or Zone Blitz to a different kind of Zone Blitz Examples:Blitz inside to a Blitz outside or overload to regular blitz inside or outside

Offense
1****n to Pass
2.Pass to Run
3****n Outside to Run Inside
4****n Inside to Run Outside
5.Repeast the Same Play (because effective/worked very well)
6.Same type of play disguised in a different formation
7.Pass Short to Pass Deep
8.Pass Deep to Pass Short
9.Special Type of Run Examplesraw, Counter, FB or QB Run, Option if not an option team) to a Regular Run Examples:Inside or Outside Handoff, Pitch, or Option if if you're an option team) or Regular Run to a Special Type of Run
10.Special Type of Pass Examples:Playaction, Option Pass, HB Pass, Flea Flicker, Screen) to a Regular Pass Examples:Standard Pass, Shotgun Pass, Quick Pass) or Regular Pass to a Special Pass

Scheme Use by Qtr used for both defense and offense
1st Qtr-7 and 9
2nd Qtr-4,6, and 10
3rd Qtr-1,5, and 8
4th Qtr-2 and 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
Banned

comment on how you feel about my approach to gameplanning, player use, playcall, and scheme
Old 08-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Banned

no thoughts on my approach?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

OVR: 11

Would this he against cpu or users gameplan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »