Home

Varsity vs. All-American

This is a discussion on Varsity vs. All-American within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Varsity vs. All-American

Definitely give Heisman a try papernut. The cpu blitzes too much and they try long FGs but it plays a lot better imo. The cpu run block and human rush defence slider are still broken on Heisman but the cpu run game is much better anyways and I like the way it works right now. What were your AA sliders like before the patch?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
Rookie

Artof_War's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
What do you find frustrating?
Just a couple things on AA.

1. The D-Line breaking blocks and jumping once I release a pass. And I wasn't running the same play etc. Just a little frustrating, especially when a guy is wide open over the middle.

2. Blitzing Human vs. CPU. The CPU constantly blitzes and gets pressure even when I'm in the pocket. I have a very difficult time getting to the QB, and when I do, he gets rid of the ball immediately.

3. Running game is very hard. Outside runs are a challenge.

Nothing serious, but it gives me the feel that the CPU is doing these things to stay in the game instead fo earning a win. You know? Varsity has a good "feel" to it, but the CPU is very obviously handicapped.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What were your AA sliders like before the patch?
Basically used SNs prepatch sliders with small adjustments. I still cannot get over the difference the patch or tuning made in this level as it is night and day now and I am not that great of a player.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artof_War
I play on All-American, Slow Speed, and Speed Threshhold(?) set at 35. Games have been fun, challenging, but occassionally frustrating.

Last night I decided to check out Varsity, same speed settings. I was #21 Tennessee vs. #22 UNC at their stadium. I won 35-0, and I don't think they crossed my 50, ha. However, I put up realistic stats (one turnover), and the D-Line etc felt more natural.

BUT I honestly felt like Varsity "played" better. I'm not one to adjust sliders because it's so finicky. Seriously though, I think Varsity with some adjusted "up" CPU would be great. All-American is fine, but I don't like feeling the CPU is good because their D-Line swats all my passes and doesn't allow me to get any QB pressure. Anyone have thoughts on this?
There is a huge Varsity thread in the slider section....what you experienced is something that has been there along on Varsity level.

I don't think you see any varsity level players posting in these types of threads anymore because they've already converted and there is no need for them to justify the level as most of us are simply playing the games and enjoying them for those exact reasons you stated.

Just alter the sliders and the games are outstanding on Varsity level very realistic and the OL vs DL play is the best of any Level IMO.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #13
Rookie

Artof_War's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
There is a huge Varsity thread in the slider section....what you experienced is something that has been there along on Varsity level.

I don't think you see any varsity level players posting in these types of threads anymore because they've already converted and there is no need for them to justify the level as most of us are simply playing the games and enjoying them for those exact reasons you stated.

Just alter the sliders and the games are outstanding on Varsity level very realistic and the OL vs DL play is the best of any Level IMO.
I've never tried your sliders Playmakers, but I just looked at your thread. Very cool. I'll give them a shot tonight.

I want a more realistic experience. Like the CPU actually earned a victory because of my bad decision making and poor play vs. calling the right play, executing, and having something like the "lineman hop" deter it.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artof_War
I've never tried your sliders Playmakers, but I just looked at your thread. Very cool. I'll give them a shot tonight.

I want a more realistic experience. Like the CPU actually earned a victory because of my bad decision making and poor play vs. calling the right play, executing, and having something like the "lineman hop" deter it.
Those sliders are pretty darn good but unfortunatley i haven't had time to alter anything post patch.

So the QBA slider is from what i'm hearing doesn't work anymore on my sliders. You have tolower it down now or else Robo QB takes over.

There are some guys who have already done testing on their own and it appears QBA shoudl be around 45-50 now.....but again i haven't had time to make any tweaks yet because of Madden being released

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
Rookie

Artof_War's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Those sliders are pretty darn good but unfortunatley i haven't had time to alter anything post patch.

So the QBA slider is from what i'm hearing doesn't work anymore on my sliders. You have tolower it down now or else Robo QB takes over.

There are some guys who have already done testing on their own and it appears QBA shoudl be around 45-50 now.....but again i haven't had time to make any tweaks yet because of Madden being released
I'll try it at 50. I'm sure the patch didn't change things too much for your sliders, at least one would think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I use All American because it feels best. On Heisman coverage is du,bed down and is ridiculous at times in my opinion and on Varsity no matter what sliders I use its just still easy and doesn't feel right to me.

My sliders are in my signature. I have been running an OD with them and we're nearing the end of season 2 and we're all enjoying thme.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »