Home

Wow, what a pass fest, this is insane

This is a discussion on Wow, what a pass fest, this is insane within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

Starfleeter's Arena

OVR: 4
Wow, what a pass fest, this is insane

I'm play with SDSU in my Dynasty and was playing against Missouri for my third game. Their starting QB, Blaine Gabbert (96 ovr) was injured so Jimmy Costello (75 ovr) was in instead but this game was still a pass fest.

I ended up winning 45-26 but these stats are insane.

Mizz 26
SDSU 45

J. Costello (Mizz) 38-66, 566 yds, 4td, 4 int
R. Lindley(SDSU) 32-61, 487 yds, 4td, 2 int

Mizz - 48 carries, -45 yds, 0 td
SDSU - 28 carries, 32 yds, 0 td

I have no clue why the stats were so skewed but as an example of a previous game I played that had normal stats, here are the passing/running stats from my game with New Mexico State

NMSU 37
SDSU 47

J. Fleming (NMSU) 26-48, 316 yds, 1td, 1int
R. Lindley (SDSU) 23-42, 392 yds, 1td 0int

Rushing
NMSU - 44 carries, 166 yds, 2td
SDSU - 47 carries, 131 yds, 4td

By the way, I play with sliders from the Statistics in Slider's thread on 11 minute quarters. Not sure if Mizz running the no huddle is what caused all of this but has anyone else seen numbers like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

Re: Wow, what a pass fest, this is insane

What year are you in? It seems unrealistic that SDSU would beat MU so badly. And holding them to -45 rush yards?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleeter
11 minute quarters.
Well there's your problem.

And 48 pass attempts from NMSU is not normal.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Starfleeter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
What year are you in? It seems unrealistic that SDSU would beat MU so badly. And holding them to -45 rush yards?
Year 1. Also, I always watch cpu vs cpu so I wasn't the one controlling the defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
Well there's your problem.

And 48 pass attempts from NMSU is not normal.
I have it on 11 minute quarters since it gives a realistic 130-140 plays per game and that's about how many plays I had in my first 2 games.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleeter
I have it on 11 minute quarters since it gives a realistic 130-140 plays per game and that's about how many plays I had in my first 2 games.
If you want realistic plays per game then you're going to get unrealistic stats everywhere else.

The game is set to a default 5 mins for a reason. To me personally I say anything over 7 is going to get you bogus stats.

I guess it's up to you as to which stat is most important to you. But if you have realistic plays per game, then virtually everything else is going to be bogus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Starfleeter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
If you want realistic plays per game then you're going to get unrealistic stats everywhere else.

The game is set to a default 5 mins for a reason. To me personally I say anything over 7 is going to get you bogus stats.

I guess it's up to you as to which stat is most important to you. But if you have realistic plays per game, then virtually everything else is going to be bogus.
Hmm, well I haven't seen too much inflated except ridiculous amounts of sacks and low running yards but I'm attributing that to the fact that the best HB for SDSU is a 76 and I have yet to face a real running threat, but maybe having rush defense for cpu at 60 while rb ability is 50 and run blocking is 55 is affecting after the second patch is making it so that rb can't run well so teams are resorting to passing.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

11 minute quarters COULD work if you took your time. I run 7 minute quarters but constantly hurry up to the line, don't let the play clock run down (unless I'm killing the clock), etc..

7 are perfect, I get 20-25 carries per game, 30 pass attempts on avg. and my tackles can sometimes reach double digits for TWO players.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Starfleeter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner31
11 minute quarters COULD work if you took your time. I run 7 minute quarters but constantly hurry up to the line, don't let the play clock run down (unless I'm killing the clock), etc..

7 are perfect, I get 20-25 carries per game, 30 pass attempts on avg. and my tackles can sometimes reach double digits for TWO players.
Well...I'm not playing the games. I'm watching the CPU play them out against each other. I have SDSU set to a 60 run/pass offense slider so 40-45 pass plays isn't completely unreasonable (especially since they can never get the running game going very strong) but I think the Missouri game got out of hand because of their no huddle not eating up the clock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »