Home

Forcing a user in OD to take a loss...

This is a discussion on Forcing a user in OD to take a loss... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Forcing a user in OD to take a loss...

In my online dynasty I know I can easily nullify a user's game, and the game will be simmed when I advance, but what if I want to ENSURE the user takes a loss? And I DON'T want to force the user to replay the game to lose?

Can I switch that user to a new team, switch myself to HIS team, play it to lose, then switch us both back? Or will something get all messed up (like Coaching progress, playbooks, whatever)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

Re: Forcing a user in OD to take a loss...

you can switch to his team and make the team lose; BUT, you can not switch back without advancing first. if you switch back to your team before advancing, it will not recognize that you played the game and it will sim the game.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
Banned

Ah so... If I had to do this to two teams it would be impossible since I'd have to switch to a 2nd team and it would forget the 1st one played, correct?
Old 08-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just kick the losers out of your OD.

I don't know where people get the idea that they're entitled to going unbeaten. That's the main probably with ODs. If a guy loses just once, all hope is lost and he bails. Then you have the guy that just replays the game over and over again because he doesn't want to lose.

OD is a great feature, but with strangers it sucks.

Last edited by wisgator; 08-21-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

In my OD, a user and I tried to play our bowl game 6 times, but it froze on both all 6 times shortly after the game began. What we did was play an unranked game outside of the dynasty and I won.

To get this to show in the OD, he put himself on auto and I'll play the CPU. Instead of playing, I'll supersim. If it looks like I'll win, I'll finish. If it looks like I'll lose, I'll restart. You could have your user do the same (unless it's an attitude problem or something and he won't take a loss). He could just supersim, and if it looks like he'll win, then he can restart and try again until he'll lose.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
In my OD, a user and I tried to play our bowl game 6 times, but it froze on both all 6 times shortly after the game began. What we did was play an unranked game outside of the dynasty and I won.

To get this to show in the OD, he put himself on auto and I'll play the CPU. Instead of playing, I'll supersim. If it looks like I'll win, I'll finish. If it looks like I'll lose, I'll restart. You could have your user do the same (unless it's an attitude problem or something and he won't take a loss). He could just supersim, and if it looks like he'll win, then he can restart and try again until he'll lose.
Bear with me as some of these things I have not done and want to be clear on...

As commish, I could put him on auto myself if I recall. But how did you "play the CPU"? You mean you took control of the CPU team (which means I'd have to dump my team and take control of his opponent)? Or is there some way for me to assume control of a CPU opponent without switching teams?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

So, how does this work - without having to switch teams to give someone a loss? What does the auto pilot do? We had someone switch teams in our OD, and then they couldn't play a user game, like it wouldn't let him in to play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »