Home

Madden is Ruining NCAA for me

This is a discussion on Madden is Ruining NCAA for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #41
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden is Ruining NCAA for me

I am liking Madden's gameplay alot, but NCAA's is not bad either and has much better replay value. In short, I am enjoying both immensely :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #42
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
What has this helped? Do you get decent games on default All Pro, or All madden, or sliders?
Default All Pro. When I first started Madden I was having problems with the CPU team breaking off huge runs against me. My first franchise game the Packers had close to 300 yards rushing against the Eagles' D. Then to top it off I couldn't run to save my life. I'm not sure if the auto sprint was kicking in while I was still trying to let my blocks develop but my running game has improved since I turned auto sprint off and my rush defense has as well. I don't know if it's just a placebo effect but I can't argue with the results.

And as for NCAA looking better, I thought that at first as well. But there are some moments in Madden that are pretty awe inspiring progressive lighting or not. But I agree, I prefer the NCAA player models. Madden still has that cartoony look to them.

These are both the best games of their respective series IMO.

Last edited by speedkills; 08-23-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

About the batted down passes... I kept track and in a three game stretch, Locker attempted 101 passes. Only 3 were batted down. So that means that roughly 97 percent of the time, passes are not getting batted down.

Then again, I'm not attempting to stand right behind my center and throw bullet pass slants over the middle all day.

The batted passes issue has always been, in my opinion, the most overblown complaint that I've seen in a while.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:13 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Seeing a 5'10" 175lb finesse receiver like Desean Jackson catch a short seven yard pass then proceed to shake off, NOT JUKE, but shake off five tackles, some from defenders hitting him head up and outweighing him by 50lbs., and turn that little pass into a 70 yard touchdown is enough for me to put Madden down until the patches.

Tackling is a joke in Madden right now and the slider argument is flawed to me. Sliders should be there to compensate for my lack of skill, they should not be there to make the game play with a basic sense of realism. If I use sound strategy, do everything right and hit a guy square with a guy that has a 90 tackle rating he should not bounce off and take three other defenders to bring him down on any level.

There are some really nice things about Madden and there are still flaws in NCAA, but Madden, as of right now, does not play a better game of football on the field than NCAA.
I seriously thought I was the only one. I played Madden for the first time at my brother's today, and Deon Butler had to of broken 25 tackles in the game. Going over the middle, catching the pass and breaking tackles while linebackers and safeties were trying to bring him down...

It was ridiculous.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #45
Rookie

Double C's Arena

OVR: 22
Icon14 Re: Madden is Ruining NCAA for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
I want to like Madden, but NCAA is the superior football game this year.
I definitely agree with this.

My screenshot albums
Just Win on Madden Baby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #46
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Artof war- its true for both games if people adjust the sliders game plays great, people complain its too much work, but that's why they put them there . i don't know ever since i knew what sliders could do i've always changed them around it makes the game more enjoyable for me.

FYI- madden will be getting two patches to clear up the games issues so i think it will be about on par with NCAA,but NCAA has an advantage with being able to tune stuff up through the gameplay tuner

Last edited by Hova57; 08-23-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #47
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
About the batted down passes... I kept track and in a three game stretch, Locker attempted 101 passes. Only 3 were batted down. So that means that roughly 97 percent of the time, passes are not getting batted down.

Then again, I'm not attempting to stand right behind my center and throw bullet pass slants over the middle all day.

The batted passes issue has always been, in my opinion, the most overblown complaint that I've seen in a while.
Could agree more
Old 08-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize&Blue20
IDK if OP noticed but Madden is horrible this year.
LOL! This is awesome..

I totally agree...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »