Home

Madden is Ruining NCAA for me

This is a discussion on Madden is Ruining NCAA for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #49
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden is Ruining NCAA for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
After playing both extensively I have to say Madden plays a better game on the field notably no excessive fumbles and no superhuman linebackers swatting down passes 20 ft. in the air. It's a shame the Madden's franchise mode is a snoozer.

The excessive fumbles on the user side seem a little high,and the LB's swatting balls down 10 yards of the line of scrimmage on a 25+ yard pass seems unreal given the angle that the ball would be traveling at.On the flip side of that I look at my QB's stats which are already pretty good and without the cpu rocket jumping his stats would be ungodly.

As far as playing Madden over NCAA not this year its the exact opposite for me.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #50
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Keep your eye out for the official OS Staff Football grudge match hitting in a few weeks ;-) Be excited people.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #51
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artof_War
Yawn to another complaining thread. Research some sliders and the game is the best ever produced.
gotta agree with the 2nd half of this post the most...maybe not out the box....and maybe you shouldnt have to...but if you invest a little time and effort at the front end of your offline dynasty, like creating prospects to get a good class, changing coaching sliders, and adjusting gameplay sliders...gotta say ncaa11 is the best football game ive ever played

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm glad the majority here don't agree with the OP. I'm one of those people who still think 2K5 is the best football game ever made and swore to not buy an EA game. Last year I finally had enough and wanted my football fix, so I bought Madden. It became a coaster within a week. Terrible game.

This year, I decided to give NCAA a shot. This years NCAA is so much better than last years Madden (sorry that's the only one I can compare it to) it's not even funny. Sure this game has issues but it's good IMO. I imagine Madden is much the same as last year, as that's kind of how the development cycle goes with that franchise.

And for me to like NCAA that much over Madden says something as I like the NFL much more than NCAA football.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

I play both and am, for the most part enjoying both. I would have to say that I disagree with the OP, however. I definitely enjoy NCAA more this year for a couple of reasons. Playing user v user games in my OD's, I have had shutouts, shootouts, blowouts, and defensive grinds. User v CPU, same thing. There is variety in the games.

Madden, on the other hand, I've played shootouts. I am not even sure if punting is an option.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 9

these games always have sumtin' that makes them both hard to play..last year it was the slower spped on madden(which i liked) and this year it is the ZOOM cam on Madden..going back to the normal cam in NCAA is not fun after playing on the zoom cam in Madden...
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsp120
I'm glad the majority here don't agree with the OP. I'm one of those people who still think 2K5 is the best football game ever made and swore to not buy an EA game. Last year I finally had enough and wanted my football fix, so I bought Madden. It became a coaster within a week. Terrible game.

This year, I decided to give NCAA a shot. This years NCAA is so much better than last years Madden (sorry that's the only one I can compare it to) it's not even funny. Sure this game has issues but it's good IMO. I imagine Madden is much the same as last year, as that's kind of how the development cycle goes with that franchise.

And for me to like NCAA that much over Madden says something as I like the NFL much more than NCAA football.
they are both pretty good this year IMO...pretty much a push to me other than i like the ZOOM cam on Madden better than the NCAA cam...the most fun I've had with football since NFL2k5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Exaggerate much?

The swatting issue I've never had a problem with. Sure, I've had my fair share of passes batted down, but it was because I was making bad decisions. I played QB in HS and let me tell you that if you step up in the pocket and throw line drives over the middle, they will get swatted on a regular basis.

I won't buy Madden this year... I am sure it's decent but for EA to say they weren't touching franchise this year was enough for me.

^ That. Even if the Madden team lied and said "we're totally overhauling how the CPU manages their coaches to give a more realistic experience," and then if they did NOTHING to the game, I probably would have considered it. But when they came out and told the truth that Franchise Mode was not improving and Online Franchise was IDENTICAL to 2010... which was a shell of a mode last year.. It wasn't worth it for me. Meanwhile, the NCAA team revamps recruiting, adds a ton of stuff to Online Dynasty, and then throws the WHOLE mode online? That's awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »