Home

Get rid of Season Showdown completely

This is a discussion on Get rid of Season Showdown completely within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Get rid of Season Showdown completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
Agreed. Of course it could be better but I love the idea and it's execution has been solid.

The game is going to freeze. It happens to everyone. Sucks when it's a big win but that's what happens with video games sometimes. Gotta suck it up and move on man. Make sure you're not online when you play and there is no ss.
Uh no. I don't recall last year's game ever freezing on me. It's frozen on me twice now because of this stupid Season Showdown thing. It doesn't concern me in the least yet I have no option to turn it off. The only effect it has on me is it counts against me for sportsmanship each game and now I guess I have to cross my fingers that my stats will get uploaded at the end of the game without freezing.

I will be disconnecting from the internet from now on. It's asinine that you have to do that but with EA's shoddy work on Season Showdown I guess I have no choice.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #18
Rookie

yoda43's Arena

I couldnt agree more with the OP. I hate this feature.....now it might hold some merit for those people who play online ranked matches and cheese. But for me i just play in an online dynasty with a friend. We play on opposite sides of the country....we dont even want to play against each other until the bowl week. So for us we are mostly playing against the computer.

I have had this stupid thing freeze on me a couple times as well, But the Most frustrating thing about this feature is giving me negative points for throwing the ball @ the end of a game when i am up big. First of all i have tried running the ball late in blowout games and you know what happens the computer loads the box with 10 guys and either my RB gets hurt or he fumbles. Now im not gonna sit there and let that happen over and over. If their gonna put 11 guys in the box im gonna run a slant and burn em' and if anyone thinks for a min that this wouldnt happen in real life ur crazy. Im not trying to run it up, but im not gonna risk one of my players getting hurt just for some stupid season showdown stat that doesnt even matter. Second of all in the real world of college football, no defense.....none......0 would load the box with 11 guys at the end of games. Im an OU fan, when OU plays North Texas or UTEP and blows them out..... those schools usually run there base defense at the end of the game....and OU usually runs the ball trying to eat clock and end the game. Now if that happend in NCAA 11 then i would be happy to run the ball kill the clock and finish the game. Third, las time i checkd 35 - 14 is not a blowout.

Just give me the option to end turn this off, thats all i ask for.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #19
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

If I want to pass on 3rd down when I'm up 21 points, I'll DO IT!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #20
Rookie

yoda43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinkid626
If I want to pass on 3rd down when I'm up 21 points, I'll DO IT!

Couldnt agree more sir!!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #21
Rookie

Glad I'm not hte only one who doesn't like this pile of garbage feature.

Guess I'l just sign out of XBox live to play my games. Thanks EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #22
Rookie

Just so I'm clear, to DISABLE season showdown I just need to SIGN OUT of xbox live before playing, correct?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #23
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Game froze uploading stats to season showdown server. After a big win too, just great.

There is no way we can disable this at all?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #24
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

Running my offense with my second string in so that I can get a feel for how my backup isn't unsportsmanlike. If the CPU wants to onside kick in the 4th quarter it's a close enough game to pass. Shove your WARNING: RUNNING IT UP up your ****ing ***. I'm not going to just run dive plays into a 9 man front so the CPU can come back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »